Proposed Actions (APCD)
This is a central place to find proposed regulations, proposed Board orders, proposed permits for large facilities, or other documents or actions that are (or will be) proposed for adoption by the Louisville Metro Air Pollution Control Board ("Board" below) or issuance by the Louisville Metro Air Pollution Control District (APCD). See the types of items below.
|Proposed Action||Comment Period||Hearing Date & Organization|
|Title V construction permit C-0036-1004-16-V with Clariant Corporation (Louisville West Plant); Statement of Basis; Legal Notice||10/22/2016 - 11/22/2016||Note 1|
|FEDOOP operating permit O-0143-16-F with MPLX Terminals, LLC (Kramers Lane Terminal); Statement of Basis; Legal Notice||10/18/2016 - 11/18/2016||Note 1|
|Title V construction permit C-00226-1000-16-V with Brown-Forman Cooperage; Statement of Basis; Legal Notice||10/16/2016 - 11/16/2016||Note 1|
|Title V Operating Permit O-0034-16-V with Caldwell Tanks, Inc. (Steel Tank Fabricator); Statement of Basis; Legal Notice||10/15/2016 - 11/15/2016||Note 1|
|FEDOOP operating permit O-0150-16-F with Riverside Paving and Contracting, Inc. (Hot Mix Asphalt Production Plant); Statement of Basis; Legal Notice||10/12/2016 - 11/11/2016||Note 1|
|FEDOOP operating permit O-0415-16-F with Flynn Brothers Contracting; Statement of Basis; Legal Notice||10/12/2016 - 11/11/2016||Note 1|
|Title V construction permit C-0042-1000-16-V with Clariant Corporation Louisville South Plant; Statement of Basis; Legal Notice||09/24/2016 - 10/25/2016||Note 1|
|Title V construction permit C-0126-1010-16-V with LG&E Cane Run Generating Station; Statement of Basis; Legal Notice||09/18/2016 - 10/19/2016||Note 1|
Note 1: A public hearing may be scheduled if the APCD determines that there are germane, unresolved issues or substantial public interest, in accordance with Regulation 2.07.
Items that are being reviewed only by the US EPA are not listed here, but proposed Title V permits under EPA review are listed on the list of Title V operating permits.
- Be notified by e-mail or text message of upcoming actions
- Regulations and Laws
- Board Orders and Agreements
- About Permits
- Any proposed permits under review by the US EPA are indicated in the List of Title V operating permits.
Explanation of Headings
- Proposed Action:
This is the regulation, permit, Board order, etc. proposed to be adopted or issued. See the list of types of items below. This includes the type of action, its identifying number if any, followed by the name or description.
- Identifying number: This is the permit number, regulation number, Board order number, etc. If there is a number, it will be a link to the main document for the action: the proposed permit, regulation, Board order, etc. If this is a revision to an existing permit or Board order, the number includes the revision number in parentheses, for example “(R2)” for the second revision.If the document is available electronically, the number (if any) or the title is a hyperlink to the document. The linked document is usually in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. Depending on your computer configuration, equations and special characters might not display properly on your screen or printer. If you have trouble opening a document by clicking on the link, try this: Right-click the link and choose "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As..." (or similar command) and save the document to your computer. Then open the document from Adobe Reader.
- Name or description: For a permit, this is the name of the plant. For a regulation, this is the title of the regulation. For a Board order, it is the name of the responsible party.
- Some actions also have a supporting or supplemental document:
- For a permit: Statement of Basis (SoB): a summary of the permit, describing the purpose and contents of the permit.
- For a regulation, there is normally a Regulatory Impact Assessment (RIA) for a proposed regulation or Preliminary Regulatory Impact Assessment (PRIA) for a draft regulation, describing the expected effects of the regulation change.
- For a proposed regulation change that has already gone through a public comment period but has not yet been issued, there may also be a comment and response document (RC) listing comments from the public and the APCD's response to each.
- Legal notice: A link to the legal notice as posted on this web site. The legal notice provides the dates of the comment period and the public hearing (if any), the name and address for the specific person to whom written comments can be sent and will usually include the name and contact information of a person who can answer questions. In the case of external draft regulations, "ANPR" or "NPR" may appear indicating a link to the (Advance) Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, rather than a legal notice.
- Comment Period:
- Any comment from the public must be received by the APCD by close of business by the end of the comment period.
- Hearing Date:
- The date of the public hearing for this regulation or Board order, or the date of the meeting if the item is being reviewed by a committee of the Board. A hearing is not required for permits, but a public hearing may be scheduled if the APCD determines that there are germane, unresolved issues or substantial public interest, in accordance with Regulation 2.07.
- This is the entity that will hold the hearing or meeting (if any) and can take the action. See the list of organizations below.
- Board orders and agreements
- Agreed Board Order (enforcement)
- State Implementation Plan Board order
- Enforceable Board agreement
- Other Board order
- Title V operating permit
- Title V construction permit
- FEDOOP operating permit
- Proposed new or amended regulation for formal public comment
- Draft new or amended regulation for informal external review
- Ambient air monitoring network change
- Administrative letter
|Board||Louisville Metro Air Pollution Control Board||Adopt a regulation, adopt a Board order, adopt a resolution|
|Policy Cmte.||Policy Committee of the Board||Approve a draft regulation to be proposed|
|Strategy Cmte.||Strategy Committee of the Board|
|APCD||Louisville Metro Air Pollution Control District staff||Issue a permit|