Exterior Renovation Project at City Hall
Construction of City Hall began in1870 and was completed in 1873. The exterior, made of Indiana Limestone, from White River quarries near Salem, Indiana has been renovated several times but the exterior remains basically unchanged. The most prominent feature is the 195-foot four-faced clock tower with mansard roof. The final construction cost was $464,778. The structure was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
Currently, City Hall is undergoing a $4,830,000 Exterior Renovation. Dennis Arthur is the Project Manager. Work is being performed on the exterior components of the building such as, raking out old masonry joints and tuck-pointing; cleaning the stone walls and the removal of the cast iron brackets. Additionally, many of the original windows will be repaired and replaced with energy efficient glass and storm windows as well. Work will continue on through the year and it is anticipated that all work will be completed by year’s end.
Exterior Renovation at Metro Hall
Formerly called the Jefferson County Courthouse or Louisville Courthouse, is the center of Louisville, Kentucky's government. Construction began in 1837, and both the City of Louisville and Jeff. County governments starting using it in 1842. It was finally completed in 1860. The building was renovated after a fire in 1905. Metro Hall was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972. Currently, Metro Hall is undergoing a $3,650,000 Exterior Renovation. Tom Stolte is the Project Manager. The construction scope of work included restoration of the east, west, and north sides of the building, restoration of the south entrance stairway, and restoration of the exterior light fixtures. The construction work is approximately 50% complete with final completion projected in December 2017.
- Belvedere Renovation $1,000,000 - Project Manager/ Dennis Arthur
- City Hall Exterior Renovation - $4,830,000 - Project Manager/ Dennis Arthur
- Hall of Justice- Design for 1st Floor renovations- $250,000 – Project Manager / Dennis Arthur
- Metro Animal Services Complex - $5,4000,000 – Project Manager / Dennis Arthur
- Public Works & Assets Central District Complex - $3,200,000 – Project Manager / Dennis Arthur
- Metro Hall Exterior Rehabilitation - $3,650,000 – Project Manager / Tom Stolte
- Memorial Auditorium Roof Replacement - $309,191 – Project Manager / Tom Stolte
- DOC Main Jail Complex Roof Replacement - $825,000 – Project Manager / Tom Stolte
- Facilities Deferred Maintenance- $2,200,000 - Project Manager / Mark Zoeller