Women’s Caucus will meet on Thursday, July 27
Louisville (July 27, 2023) – The Louisville Metro Council Women’s Caucus will meet on Thursday, July 27, at 2:00 p.m. The meeting will be held in the Third Floor Conference Room, Historic City Hall, 601 West Jefferson Street.
This month’s topic for discussion is reproductive health. The meeting will feature guest speakers, presentations, and assembly of period packs for donation to local non-profits. Come with your questions, which you will have the opportunity to ask anonymously.
“Reproductive health is not something we talk about often enough, especially periods, which almost half the population experiences for a significant amount of time in their lives. I hope to help normalize these conversations and bring awareness to the issues surrounding period equity,” said Co-Chair Chappell.
Special guests for Thursday's meeting include Dr. Sean Francis, M.D. and Dr. Katana Ratliff, APRN, CNM, with UofL Health St. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital, Gretchen Hunt J.D. and Alisya Solankhi with Louisville Metro Government’s Office for Women, and Jamieca Jones, MSSW, M.A.
Under KRS 61.826, some members will be video conferencing using WebEx. The meeting will be streamed on the Louisville Metro Council Women's Caucus Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/LouisvilleMCWomensCaucus.
The meeting is free and open to the public. The public may enter City Hall using the Sixth Street entrance. Anyone needing assistance may enter City Hall from the Jefferson Street entrance.
The Caucus Agenda is as follows.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Councilwoman Jennifer Chappell, Co-Chair, Women’s Caucus
- Assembly of period pack supplies
- Office for Women’s work on reproductive rights, Director Gretchen Hunt J.D.
- Accommodations for Pregnant, Parenting and Nursing Students, Alisya Solankhi, Office for Women Intern
- Newly formed Menstrual Freedom Coalition, Jameica Jones, MSSW, M.A.
- Healthcare providers discuss current challenges
- Sean Francis, M.D., UofL Health St. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital
- Katana Ratliff, APRN, CNM, UofL Health St. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital
- Q&A with an opportunity to ask anonymously
- Closing Remarks