Summer Resource Fair for Youth on March 23
Louisville families with children of all ages are invited to a free resource fair showcasing summer activities for children, youth, and families on Sat., March 23. Themed “SOAR” which stands for Summer Opportunities and Resource Fair, the event will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the DuValle Education Center gym, 3610 Bohne Ave.
This 6th annual SOAR event will feature local summer activities and resources for children and teens (ages early childhood to high school) including a wide variety of summer camps, parks and recreation programs, as well as employment, internship, and volunteer opportunities from a full list of exhibitors. Drawings for summer program scholarships and door prizes will also take place.
SOAR is held in March to allow individuals time to plan ahead and register for opportunities while openings are available.
Participating agencies and businesses include:
- Jefferson County Public Schools Early Childhood
- Louisville Parks and Recreation (Summer Camp information)
- Catholic Enrichment Center
- First Virginia Ave. Baptist Church (Summer Explorations)
- Louisville Central Community Center
- Be SMART for Kids
- Northwest AHEC (Area Health Education Center)
- Louisville Leopard Percussionist
- Bridging the Gap Learning Academy
- Food Literacy Project
- Louisville Nature Center
- Magpie 3x3 Clay Studio gallery
- Master Class Enrichment Camp
- Seed to Oaks
- Shawnee Christian Health Care
- University of Louisville Baseball
- Whet Your Pallette
- Young Authors Greenhouse
"Summer is a time to have fun, explore new places and ideas, learn new skills, make new friends and even make a little money", stated Elisa Freeman-Carr, Administrator of Ujima Neighborhood Place. "We're excited to host the SOAR event to connect children and youth, especially those from lower income households, with the many wonderful summer programs, classes, camps, and other opportunities offered in our community."
SOAR is also hosted by Bridges of Hope and Cane Run Neighborhood Places, Jefferson County Public Schools and the Villages of Park Duvalle. For questions about the SOAR event, or if you represent an agency which would like to participate, please contact Elisa Freeman-Carr at 313-4635 or Elisa.Freeman-Carr@louisvilleky.gov. You can also download this flyer to share with others who may be interested.