Summer Resource Fair for Youth on March 10
Louisville families with children of all ages are invited to a free resource fair showcasing summer activities for children, youth, and families on Saturday, March 10. Themed “SOAR” which stands for Summer Opportunities and Resource Fair, the event will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the DuValle Education Center gym, 3610 Bohne Ave.
SOAR will feature local summer activities for children and teens including a wide variety of summer camps, parks and recreation programs, as well as employment, internship, and volunteer opportunities from a full list of exhibitors. This event is being held in March to allow individuals time to plan ahead and register for opportunities while openings are available.
More than 20 vendors and other agencies providing information and resources plan to participate including:
- Academy of Music Production (AMPED)
- Bellarmine University
- Catholic Enrichment Center
- Community Dental Family Dental Care
- DOODs Inc.
- Early Childhood Education
- ECHO (Exploited Children's Help Organization)
- Falls of the Ohio
- Family Scholar House
- First Gethsemane Baptist church
- 4-H College of Agriculture, Food Science, and Sustainable Systems
- 4 Your Child
- Louisville Free Public Library
- Louisville Metro Parks and Recreation
- Make It Count Consulting
- Norton’s Children’s Hospital Prevention and Wellness
- PACT in Action/Center for Women and Families
- Summerbridge Louisville
- Summer Explorations/ First Virginia Avenue Baptist Church
- SummerWorks/Kentuckiana Works/Youth Build
- University of Louisville Family Dental Care
This event also features a drawing for a summer program scholarship at Junior Achievement.
"Summer is a time to have fun, explore new places and ideas, learn new skills, make new friends and even make a little money", stated Elisa Freeman-Carr, administrator of Ujima Neighborhood Place. "We're excited to host the SOAR event to connect children and youth, especially those from lower income households, with the many wonderful summer programs, classes, camps, and other opportunities offered in our community."
SOAR is also hosted by Jefferson County Public Schools, the Louisville Free Public Library, Louisville Metro Parks and Recreation, the Villages of Park Duvalle and multiple Neighborhood Place sites including Ujima, Cane Run, Bridges of Hope and South Central.
For questions about the SOAR event, or if you represent an agency which would like to participate, please contact Elisa Freeman-Carr at 313-6145 or Elisa.Freeman-Carr@louisvilleky.gov or Buffie Daubard at 313-4447 or Buffie.Daubard@jefferson.kyschools.us. You can also download this flyer to share with others who may be interested.