South Central Neighborhood Place will temporarily close for renovations starting December 19
Seven other Neighborhood Place sites will remain open to the public
South Central Neighborhood Place located at 4255 Hazelwood Ave. will be temporarily closed beginning Monday, December 19, while the facility receives renovations. Anticipated completion of the work and reopening is approximately March 1, 2023.
Renovations will be focused on upgrades to the client and staff spaces including a new receptionist desk and waiting area, new cubicles and other furniture, new flooring, and paint, technology upgrades as well as a deep cleaning of the site.
South Central is one of eight Neighborhood Place sites across Jefferson County which offers blended services from multiple agencies including Louisville Metro Office of Resilience and Community Services (RCS), Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS), Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS), and Seven Counties. Individuals and families can access multiple core services including financial and housing assistance with case management services, LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) utility assistance, SNAP Food Benefits (Food Stamps), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (KTAP/TANF), health services including mental health, juvenile services, school-related services and child and adult welfare services.
Open since 2001, and located across Hazelwood Elementary School, South Central is one of the largest volume Neighborhood Place sites, serving approximately 30,000 residents each year. JCPS is covering the cost of most of the renovations.
Residents seeking services during the renovations can reach out to any of the seven other Neighborhood Place sites, including Bridges of Hope Neighborhood Place at 1411 Algonquin Parkway, or Neighborhood Place Greater Cane Run Area, at 3410 Lees Lane. Both of these sites are approximately four miles away from South Central. For a full list of Neighborhood Place locations and phone numbers, visit the Neighborhood Place website or contact Metro311 at 311 or 574-5000.
To access specific programs, please see details below:
- To schedule an appointment for RCS’ Housing Stabilization Program (rent assistance), call 502-308-3344 or visit housingstability.itfrontdesk.com starting Monday, December 19, 2022.
- For RCS’ LIHEAP utility assistance program, call 502-991-8391 or visit louisvilleky.cascheduler.com starting January 5, 2023 for scheduling for the LIHEAP Crisis Component.
- For SNAP Food Benefits (food stamps), Medicaid, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (KTAP/TANF), and Child Protective Services administered by the State’s Cabinet for Health and Family Services’ (CHFS) Department of Community Based Services (DCBS), call 1-855-306-8959.
- For Home Visitation administered by Healthy Start, call 574-6661.
- For Truancy Diversion administered by Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS), call 313-HELP.
"We are grateful for the investment our JCPS partners in Neighborhood Place are making to create a contemporary and inviting workspace,” said Cassandra Miller, Executive Administrator for Louisville Metro Office of Resilience and Community Services, who oversees Neighborhood Place. “Our staff members are inspired by these improvements and are even more motivated to provide great service to our clients.”
“The renovations at South Central Neighborhood Place represent the commitment our partners have in ensuring that our families and our staff have a location that is welcoming and inviting,” said Ben Langley, Specialist of Community Support Services who oversees the partnership for Jefferson County Public Schools. “This truly represents community at its best!”