Sign-up for Louisville Parks and Recreation tee-ball league
Free fun, exercise and teamwork is in the mix this spring as Louisville Parks and Recreation is offering a free tee-ball league for children ages six and under.
Sign-ups will continue through March 6, and again, participation is free. Parents can sign up at louisvillerbi.leagueapps.com or at the following community centers:
- Beechmont Community Center, 205 Wellington Avenue, 40214
- California Community Center, 1600 W. St. Catherine Street, 40210
- Cyril Allgeier Community Center, 4101 Cadillac Court, 40213
- Douglass Community Center, 2305 Douglass Boulevard, 40205
- Molly Leonard Community Center, 640 N. 27th Street, 40212
- Newburg Community Center, 4810 Exeter Avenue, 40218
- Parkhill Community Center, 1703 South 13th Street, 40210
- South Louisville Community Center, 2911 Taylor Boulevard, 40208
- Southwick Community Center, 3621 Southern Avenue, 40211
- Sun Valley Community Center, 6505 Bethany Lane, 40272
Games begin April 11 and will be played at Wyandotte Park, 1104 Beecher Street, 40215. Louisville Parks and Recreation is also seeking coaches and volunteers to help run the league. For more information, call (502) 574-4515 or e-mail Brady Buckley.
Louisville Parks and Recreation is partnering with Major League Baseball (MLB) and the Reviving Baseball In Inner Cities (RBI) program to increase interest and participation in the game of baseball and softball as well as to encourage academic participation and the value of teamwork. RBI operates in 200 cities worldwide.