Public input sought for KY 1447 Westport Road Corridor Study
Louisville Metro Public Works will host its second public open house seeking input regarding a planning study of the Westport Road Corridor, intended to identify measures to address safety and mobility needs along the highway.
Surrounded by numerous schools, residential neighborhoods, and commercial developments, the corridor is known for its stop‐and‐go peak hour traffic and high crash rates. Louisville Metro reviewed available crash data and studied traffic operations to identify six potential short‐term spot improvements along the corridor:
- Intersection improvements at Dove Creek Boulevard/Bayberry Place to eliminate left turns onto Westport Road from the minor cross‐streets.
- Adding a new signal and crosswalks at Langdon Drive, while consolidating driveways at the adjacent shopping center.
- Extending eastbound right and left turn lanes approaching Hurstbourne Parkway.
- Adding sidewalk and crosswalks along Westport Road through the I‐265 interchange area.
- Installing bollards to prevent illegal turns from Westport Road onto the I‐265 southbound off ramp to Chamberlain Avenue.
- Adding an eastbound right turn lane onto Chamberlain Avenue.
Public meeting will be:
November 19, 2019
6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Westport Middle School Gym
8100 Westport Rd
Louisville, KY 40222
Public is encouraged to share their thoughts on the study recommendations by completing a brief survey found at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WNVQYYR