Park DuValle welcomes all to Holiday Festival on Dec. 7
Members of the Park DuValle community are proud to host the Fourth Annual Park DuValle Holiday Festival this Saturday, Dec. 7, 2019. The four-hour event takes place 2- 6 p.m. featuring fun and activities for all ages held at numerous sites in the Park DuValle neighborhood. The event concludes at 5:30 p.m. with a Tree Lighting Ceremony next to the clubhouse at 1804 Russell Lee Dr.
The DuValle Education Center and Ujima Neighborhood Place at 3610 Bohne Ave will serve as the Mistletoe Mall with a full day of events including holiday Bingo, ornament crafts, refreshments and storytelling.
The Holiday Express Bus sponsored by Southern Star Baptist Church will shuttle visitors throughout the day with the DuValle Education Center serving as the hub. Take the bus west to the Senior Building for the best decorated door contest, silent auction and visits with Santa, with every child receiving a toy and free holiday eats while supplies last.
A popular snowball fight will take place in the northernmost point in the neighborhood at the Southwick Community Center at 3631 Southern Ave. Southwick will also host holiday entertainment, refreshments and holiday crafts.
The finale of the event starts at 5:30 p.m. featuring a grand Tree Lighting Ceremony, holiday music from Duvalle’s Staff Choir, and special words by dignitaries at the Clubhouse at 1804 Russell Lee Dr.
The annual festival celebrates the start of the holiday season in Park DuValle and showcases this award-winning, planned neighborhood that replaced the former Cotter and Lang public housing projects. Built with the support of a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development HOPE IV grant, Park DuValle now has 500 homes, 2000 apartments and a wide array of local businesses.
The full schedule of events includes:
2 – 5 p.m.
- Southwick Community Center, 3631 Southern Ave.
- Holiday entertainment and crafts
- Snowball fight and refreshments
- Duvalle Education Center/Ujima Neighborhood Place, 3610 Bohne Ave.
- Holiday Bingo and storytelling
- Ornament crafts and refreshments
- Park DuValle Senior Building
- Best Decorated Sr Door Contest, Silent Auction
- Visits with Santa
- Park Duvalle’s Reception – assortment of food while supplies last
- Entertainment provided by Duvalle’s Staff Choir
- Tree Lighting Ceremony at the Clubhouse, 1804 Russell Lee Dr.
- Brief words from dignitaries
- Holiday Concert featuring Doss High School Band
The Park DuValle Holiday Festival is sponsored by Park DuValle Homeowners Association, Ujima Neighborhood Place, Winterwood, Inc, Louisville Metro Parks, JCPS - Duvalle Education Center and Carter Traditional School, The Villages of Park Duvalle, and local businesses and organizations and supported by Councilwomen Jessica Green and Keisha Dorsey.
For more details, contact Elisa Freeman-Carr at 502/313-4635 or Coretta Lynum (502) 774-3122