NorthWest Neighborhood Place temporarily relocates to the Nia Center
All Neighborhood Place sites remain closed to the public; clients being served remotely
The relocation is due to the renovations taking place at the Academy of Shawnee where NorthWest Neighborhood Place is housed. Renovation work ramped up in early April and is anticipated to be completed by August 2021, with Neighborhood Place likely returning before that date once that section of the building is opened.
NorthWest Neighborhood Place
2900 W. Broadway, 3rd Floor
Louisville, KY 40211
The main phone number will change to 502/574-5434.
NorthWest is one of seven Neighborhood Place sites across Jefferson County which offers blended services from multiple agencies including Louisville Metro Office of Resilience and Community Services, Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS), Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS), and Seven Counties.
All Neighborhood Place sites remain closed to walk-in clients in an effort to help stem the spread of COVID-19, but remain open for staff to work. Clients are scheduled by telephone appointment and have access to document drop off locations located primarily in the front of each site. The drop box at the Nia Center will be located on the first level lobby, accessible from the rear parking lot.
Neighborhood Place services
Neighborhood Place partner agencies are offering modified service delivery via virtual and telephonic communication services including:
- Financial assistance administered by RCS (includes rental assistance, food, transportation, childcare)
- SNAP Food Benefits (Food Stamps), Medicaid, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (KTAP/TANF), and Child Protective Services administered by the State’s Cabinet for Health and Family Services’ (CHFS) Department of Community Based Services (DCBS)
- Home Visitation administered by Heathy Start
- Truancy Diversion administered by Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS)
- LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) at four Neighborhood Place sites
Contact numbers to access services
- To find a Neighborhood Place in their area, residents may call Metro311 at 311 or 574-5000, or visit https://louisvilleky.gov/government/neighborhood-place.
- CHFS’ Department for Community Based Services (DCBS) SNAP and KTAP Services at 1-855-306-8959
- JCPS, 313-HELP
- Healthy Start, 574-6661
- LIHEAP, 991-8391 or louisvilleky.cascheduler.com
To find a Neighborhood Place in their area, residents may call Metro311 at 311 or 574-5000, or visit https://louisvilleky.gov/government/neighborhood-place.