Nomination window open for Brightside Awards
To celebrate their dedicated volunteers and business/corporate partners, Brightside has opened the nomination window for the Brightside Awards. The awards will be presented at the Brightside Bash presented by the Republic Bank Foundation on September 21 at Copper & Kings. Brightside asks residents to nominate a friend, neighbor, family member, colleague or company to be recognized for their dedication to keeping our city clean and green.
The nomination window will close on Friday, September 8 at midnight. The nomination form can be found at Brightside’s website: www.brightsideinc.org
- Fred Wiche Volunteer of the Year Award to honor one outstanding volunteer for their valuable and selfless commitment to keeping Louisville clean and green, their dedication and contribution to building of Brightside awareness, and their demonstration of Brightside’s core mission
- Brightside One Bright City Award to recognize a community group who, in addition to contributing many hours, demonstrates outstanding passion and commitment and is instrumental to Brightside’s activities, programs and mission.
- Brightside Green Acorn Award for Outstanding Youth Leadership to recognize that youth volunteers are not only the leaders of tomorrow – they are the leaders of today.
- Mayor’s Brightside Award for Outstanding Corporate Engagement to recognize a company that shows an exemplary overall approach to corporate volunteering and community engagement through Brightside and its mission.
- Brightside One Bright Future Award to recognize an exceptional individual who is an emerging leader in his or her business or profession, who gives back to the community through or with Brightside and who clearly serves as a role model for both young men and women personally and professionally.
An additional award, which is not open for nominations, is Brightside’s Golden Broom Award which will be given to a Metro Councilperson for their participation in Brightside activities and engagement among their constituents in Brightside events.
First held in 2014, the Brightside Bash presented by the Republic Bank Foundation features local bands, a silent auction, raffles and more. The 2017 event will be held on Thursday, September 21 from 6-9 p.m. at Copper & Kings. This event serves as a fundraiser for the Brightside Foundation. With the generous donations and contributions from this event, Brightside is able to continue our many educational programs, sustainability initiatives, and beautification projects for our community. To purchase tickets, visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/brightside-bash-2017-tickets-34885962854