Neighborhood Place partners offer energy management workshops, NPC hiring events and more
Neighborhood Place partners offer a variety workshops and resources in November to help strengthen households including hiring events from National Processing Center and Sodexo, energy management workshops provided by Project Warm, and a Foster Parent/Adoption Information meeting. To learn more about these offerings and several others please refer to the list below.
Nov. 4, 11, 18 and 25, Kentucky Health Career Center Outreach at two locations Call 502/595-4003 for more information. A KentuckianaWorks Health Career Center professional will provide valuable information to help increase your occupation potential including training funds for in-demand occupations; resources for individuals seeking advance healthcare careers; resume writing, career assessments; interview planning; computer essentials, work-based learning opportunities and more.
- Nov. 4 and 25, First Neighborhood Place, 1503 Rangeland Road (T.J. Middle School in the W.D. Bruce Building – door #24), 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Nov. 11 and 18, NorthWest Neighborhood Place, 4018 W. Market St. at the Academy of Shawnee, 9 a.m.- 1 p.m.
Nov. 4, Foster Parent/Adoption Information Meeting at NorthWest Neighborhood Place, 6 – 8 p.m.
Located at 4018 W. Market St. Call 595-5437 (KIDS) for more information. Detailed information will be provided on the requirements and process of how to become a foster or adoptive parent. Information such as an explanation of foster care, special needs adoption, and information on foster parent training classes will be provided. Sponsored by the Kentucky Foster Care and the Special Needs Adoption Program.
Nov. 4, 7, 8, 12, 14, 19 and 26 National Processing Center (NPC) Hiring Events at multiple locations
National Processing Center (NPC) is the U.S. Census Bureau's primary center for mail processing, survey processing, data capture, imaging/scanning and warehouse operations. A U.S. Census Bureau’s representative will be available to share information about the hundreds of entry-level office and warehouse clerks employment opportunities for the Jeffersonville location. NPC recently increased the starting hourly pay rate for entry level clerks to $14.54 per hour!
- Nov. 4, First Neighborhood Place, 1503 Rangeland Road (T.J. Middle School in the W.D. Bruce Building – door #24), 1 - 3 p.m. Call 313-4700 for more information.
- Nov. 7, South Jefferson Neighborhood Place – Fairdale, 1000 Neighborhood Place, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Call 363-1483 for more information.
- Nov. 8, First Neighborhood Place, 1503 Rangeland Road (T.J. Middle School in the W.D. Bruce Building – door #24), 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Call 313-4700 for more information.
- Nov. 12, South Central Neighborhood Place,4255 Hazelwood Ave., 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Call 363-1483 for more information.
- Nov. 12, Ujima Neighborhood Place, 3610 Bohne Ave., 1 – 3 p.m. Call 313-4635 for more information.
- Nov. 14, South Jefferson Neighborhood Place – Valley, 10200 Dixie Hwy., 1– 3 p.m. Call 363-1483 for more information.
- Nov. 19, South Central Neighborhood Place, 4255 Hazelwood Ave., 1 – 3p.m. Call 363-1483 for more information.
- Nov. 19, Ujima Neighborhood Place, 3610 Bohne Ave., 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Call 313 – 4635 for more information.
- Nov. 26, South Jefferson Neighborhood Place – Fairdale, 1000 Neighborhood Place, 1 – 3 p.m. Call 363-1483 for more information.
Nov. 7, Sodexo Hiring Opportunity at First Neighborhood Place, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Located at 1503 Rangeland Road (T.J. Middle School in the W.D. Bruce Building – door #24). Call 313-4700 for more information. Sodexo, a food-service agency, will provide on-the-spot interviews for positions with Jewish Hospital, Our Lady of Peace and University of Louisville Hospital. Bring your resume and be prepared for an interview. This is one of Sodexo’s busiest hiring seasons. Stop by if you are looking for employment that can lead to a full-time or part-time position.
Nov. 14, A Healthy Journey for Two Educational Baby Shower at First Neighborhood Place, 1- 3 p.m.
Located at 1503 Rangeland Rd. This educational baby shower is open to any expectant mothers. The class will include a range of information and resources, as well as free baby items, gift cards, prizes, and snacks. Hosted by Centerstone and KIDSNow. Fathers are welcome but must be registered. For more information, contact Mendy Mason at 502-341-5400.
Nov. 15, Energy Management Workshops at three locations
Call 636-9276 for more information. Project Warm's free workshops help families take control of their energy usage and learn "do-it-yourself" energy-saving tips. FREE Supplies will be distributed at the end of the workshop such as roll of clear plastic, tape, caulk/foam to seal gaps and air leaks around windows and doors.
- Nov. 14, South Jefferson Neighborhood Place - Fairdale, 1000 Neighborhood Place, 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Nov 15, First Neighborhood Place, 1503 Rangeland Rd. side of Thomas Jefferson Middle School, door #16, 1 – 2:30 p.m. Call 313-4728 or 313-4700 for registration.
- Nov. 21, South Central Neighborhood Place, 4255 Hazelwood Ave, 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Nov. 20, Car Seat Safety Class at NorthWest Neighborhood Place, 12 – 1 p.m.
Located at 4018 West Market St. at the Academy at Shawnee. Call 502.574.6661 for more information. Proper use of car seats helps keep children safe. However, with so many different seats on the market, many parents find this overwhelming. If you are expectant parents or if you have a young child(ren), join this informative class hosted by the Healthy Start program to learn how to properly install a car seat in your car to ensure vehicle safety for your child(ren).
Nov. 21, The Greatest Louisville Smoke Out at Parkhill Community Center, 5 – 7 p.m.
Located at 1703 S. 13th Street. For more information, call Celine at 502/341-0694 and inquire about possible transportation assistance by November 14. The event focuses on connecting the community to promote smoking cessation and to answer questions about the quitline, medications and health services, and one-on-one coaching. Features health screenings, a cooking demonstration, free food, door prizes, photo booth, games, vendors and photo booth. Transportation assistance may be available Sponsored in part by the Shawnee Healthcare Center, Bridges of Hope Neighborhood Place and other community partners.
About Neighborhood Place
Louisville’s Neighborhood Place -- a partnership of Louisville Metro Government (including the Office of Resilience and Community Services, and Public Health and Wellness), Jefferson County Public Schools, Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services and Centerstone -- provides community-based centers which bring together health care, education, employment and social services at seven locations across the community. To find a Neighborhood Place in your neighborhood, please call Metro Call at 311.