Neighborhood Place Partners Host a Gigantic Yard Sale in May and Free Workshops for the Entire Family
Neighborhood Place locations in Louisville will offer a variety of free workshops in May including an energy efficiency overview, an educational baby shower, a support group for grandparents raising grandchildren plus several outreaches for employment opportunities. In addition, Bethany United Church of Christ is hosting a gigantic yard sale on May 13 and 14 to benefit the South Jefferson Neighborhood Place’s Summer Back to School Event. To learn more about these services, including reservation requirements and contact information, please refer to the phone numbers listed by each event.
May 4, 5, 9, 12, 16, 18, 19, 23 26, Adecco Employment Opportunities
Adecco will provide on-the-spot interviews for positions at three Neighborhood Place locations for employment in a warehouse environment. Bring your resume and be prepared for an interview. This is one of Adecco’s busiest hiring seasons. Stop by if you are looking for employment that can lead to a permanent position. Pay starts at $9.50 an hour.
- May 4 and 18, South Jefferson Neighborhood Place at Fairdale, 1000 Neighborhood Place, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- May 5 and 19, Bridges of Hope, 1411 Algonquin Pkwy., 9 a.m. – noon
- May 9 and 23, NorthWest Neighborhood Place, 4018 West Market Street, 9 a.m. - noon
- May 12 and 26, First Neighborhood Place, 1503 Rangeland Rd., 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- May 16, South Jefferson Neighborhood Place at Valley, 10200 Dixie Highway, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
May 3, 11 and 17, WeCare Energy Efficiency Overview
Call 1-800-356-5467 for more information. Representatives from the WeCare Program at LG&E will talk with interested persons about energy efficiency, energy usage and tips to reduce utility bills. WeCare staff can also help determine if households are eligible for a variety of free services including air duct sealing and insulation, attic and wall insulation, programmable thermostats and much more.
- May 3, South Jefferson Neighborhood Place at Fairdale, 10200 Dixie Hwy., 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- May 11 and 17, South Central Neighborhood Place, 4255 Hazelwood Ave., 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
May 4 and May 18, Legal Aid Office Hours at South Central Neighborhood Place, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. Located at 4255 Hazelwood Ave. Call 485-7130 for more information. A Legal Aid Society staff member will be on hand to answer questions, talk about cases that Legal Aid handles and provide referrals.
May 5, 12, 19, 24, Healthy Journey for Two Educational Baby Shower
RSVP is required to Mendy Mason at 502-341-5400 or [email protected]. Join us at to explore the do’s and don’ts of a healthy pregnancy in a free, fun setting. Seven Counties and KIDSNow Plus will host an educational baby shower to share information on how to care for yourself and your baby while being pregnant. Pregnant attendees receive a baby tote filled with baby items and a gas/gift card, with more chances to win prizes like gift/layette set(s), bottle sets and more. Fathers are welcome.
- May 5, Bridges of Hope Neighborhood Place, 1411 Alonquin Pkwy., 1-3 p.m.
- May 12, Ujima Neighborhood Place, 3610 Bohne Ave., 1 – 3 p.m.
- May 12, South Jefferson Neighborhood Place at Fairdale, 1000 Neighborhood Place, 1 – 3 p.m.
- May 19, 810 Barret Neighborhood Place, 810 Barret Ave., 1 – 3 p.m.
- May 24, Cane Run Neighborhood Place, 3410 Lees Lane, 3- 5 p.m.
May 10, Walgreens Pharmacy Employment Opportunities and Pharmacy Well Checks
Store managers from area Walgreens Pharmacies will be at several Neighborhood Place locations to talk with individuals interested in a career with Walgreens. Career opportunities within the pharmacy will be showcased and one-on-one information sessions for interested individuals will be provided. In addition a Walgreens' pharmacist will be on hand to offer blood pressure checks and discuss any questions concerning medications.
- May 10, First Neighborhood Place, 1503 Rangeland Road, 1 – 3 p.m.
- May 10, South Jefferson Neighborhood Place at Fairdale, 1000 Neighborhood Place, 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
May 11, 18, 19, 20, Colon Cancer Screening Overview and Sign-ups Call 502-290-0288 for more information. A representative from the Colon Cancer Prevention Project will provide information on how to prevent colon cancer, sign up for a colonoscopy, and obtain materials for testing to indicate whether or not a colonoscopy is necessary. Information on other colon screening services can also be obtained if you are not eligible for this process.
- May 11, NorthWest Neighborhood Place, 4018 West Market Street, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- May 18, First Neighborhood Place, 1503 Rangeland Rd., 9 – 11 a.m.
- May 19, South Jefferson Neighborhood Place @ Valley, 10200 Dixie Hwy., 9 – 11 a.m.
- May 20, South Central Neighborhood Place, 4255 Hazelwood Ave., 9 – 11 a.m.
May 12, Kitchen Table Conversations at NorthWest Neighborhood Place, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Located at 4018 W. Market St. Call 485-7230 for more info. This popular resource support group for relatives raising grandchildren meets every second Thursday. Each month this group focuses on the unique issues that caregivers may have raising younger children. Aunts, uncles or anyone raising their grandchildren are welcome to attend. Lunch is provided free of charge.
May 12 and 26, CHAMPS Data Daze
Contact 694-2267 with any questions. All participants who completed the CHAMPS Program at Bridges of Hope and NorthWest Neighborhood Places are invited to this follow-up survey session.
- May 12, Bridges of Hope Neighborhood Place, 1411 Algoquin Pkwy., 3:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- May 26, NorthWest Neighborhood Place, 4018 W. Market St., 3:30 – 6:30 p.m.
May 13 and 14, South Jefferson Gigantic Yard Sale and Bake Sale at Bethany United Church of Christ, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Located at 10400 Old Preston Highway. Call 363-1483 for more information. The Annual Yard Sale and Bake Sale proceeds benefit the South Jefferson Neighborhood Place’s Summer Back to School Event to help purchase supplies. Items for sale will include collectibles, household items, small furnishings, baby items, clothing of all sizes, books, etc. Delicious baked goods will also be available! Donations can be dropped off at South Jefferson Neighborhood Place in Fairdale, 1000 Neighborhood Place, between 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
May 24, Foster Parent Recruitment Meeting at First Neighborhood Place, 6 – 8 p.m.
Located at 1503 Rangeland Rd. Call 595-5437 (KIDS) for more information. Detailed information will be provided on the requirements and process of how to become a foster or adoptive parent. Information such as an explanation of foster care, special needs adoption, and information on foster parent training classes will be provided. Sponsored by Kentucky Foster Care and the Special Needs Adoption Program.
About Neighborhood Place
Louisville’s Neighborhood Place -- a partnership of Louisville Metro Government (including Community Services and Public Health and Wellness), Jefferson County Public Schools, Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services and Seven Counties -- provides one-stop centers which bring together health care, education, employment and social services at eight locations across the community. To find a Neighborhood Place in your neighborhood, please call Metro Call at 311.