National Youth Violence Prevention Week March 23rd - March 27
In solidarity with the National Youth Violence Prevention Week, the OSHN along with 12 organizations have come together to bring awareness to youth violence prevention efforts throughout Louisville. This collaboration has put together a master calendar of events that promote anti-violent youth. To locate the master calendar please visit us at www.louisvilleky.gov/safeneighborhoods or contact any of the organizations listed. Throughout the month, we will spotlight youth serving organizations and groups, beginning with the 12 organizations below. We invite all youth serving organizations, houses of faith, youth groups, families and youth to participate in these events as well as to share pictures, quotes and their own events on social media using #LouYVP2015. Please read the stories of the month for more information on ways to get involved.
Youth Violence Prevention Week: March 23-27
National Youth Violence Prevention Week occurs on March 23-27, 2015. During this week OSHN and the collaborating organizations will work with the Youth Detention Services and provide programming and activities focused on the following:
¨ Anger Management
¨ Support Safety
¨ Respect & Tolerance
¨ Conflict Resolution
The goal of the week is to raise awareness and to educate students, teachers, school administrators, counselors, school resource officers, school staff, parents, and the public on effective ways to prevent or reduce youth violence. Details
- Friday, March 13th – March 22nd Planning Meeting @ Neighborhood House 201 N 25th Street @ 11am
- Friday, March 13th – Teen Party (17 and Under) - @ Newburg Community Center 4810 Exeter Avenue 6-9p.m.
- Saturday, March 14th – Media Literacy Workshop for Teens (13-19) @ LCCC 1300 West Muhammad Ali 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 14th – Street Summit @ Louisville Urban League 3 -5 p.m.
- Sunday, March 15th – Saving Our Youth VI @ Yearling Club 4309 West Broadway 4 - 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 17th – Parkland Zones of Hope Meeting @ Parkland Scholar House 5:30 – 7 p.m.
- Thursday, March 19th Russell Zones of Hope Meeting @ Baxter Community Center 5:30 – 7 p.m.
- Friday, March 27th – Teen Party (17 and Under) @ South Louisville Community Center 2911 Taylor Boulevard 6 – 9 p.m.
- Friday, March 27th -Shawnee Youth Advocates/STYC Family Feud/Fun Night Shawnee Arts Cultural Center 6-8 p.m.