Metro Council meeting highlights for Thursday, September 28
Louisville – The Louisville Metro Council held their regularly scheduled Council meeting tonight. Here are some of the highlights from the meeting.
- Item 28 – O-193-23: an ordinance prohibiting the sale of dogs and cats by retail pet stores
Special Recognitions and Proclamations
- President Winkler presented a proclamation to Director Jody Meiman, Emergency Management Agency/MetroSafe, recognizing National Preparedness Month.
Consent Calendar – all items were passed unanimously.
- Item 20 - O-218-23: an ordinance appropriating from Neighborhood Development Funds from Districts 8 and 9 to the Alcohol Beverage Control Division to fund overtime for staff to enforce zero tolerance of bar and noise violations
- Item 21 – R-090-23: a resolution approving the budget and economic improvement plans for the Louisville Downtown Management District
- Item 25 – R-098-23: a resolution approving a noncompetitively negotiated professional service contract for the Louisville Metro Police Department concerning forensic medical services for abused and neglected children
- Item 27 - R-073-23: a resolution encouraging a collaboration between Metro Government and local restaurants to minimize the waste of single-use plastics
Held at Council
- Item 44 – O-126-23: imposing a temporary moratorium on development located within the Floyds Fork Special District
Tonight’s Council meeting and attachments may be viewed online here: https://louisvilleky.primegov.com/public/portal, and on the Louisville Metro Council Facebook Page here: https://www.facebook.com/LouisvilleMetroCouncil/.
The next regularly scheduled Council meeting is on Thursday, October 12, 2023, at 6:00 p.m.