Metro Council meeting highlights for Thursday, November 9
Louisville – The Louisville Metro Council held their regularly scheduled Council meeting tonight. Here are some of the highlights from the meeting.
- O-071-23: an ordinance creating a new chapter of LMCO protecting communities in Louisville Metro from displacement (Anti-Displacement Law).
- R-133-23: a resolution accepting $165,197 from the Kentucky Department for Public Health for strengthening equitable access to healthcare services, resulting in optimal health outcomes and the reduction of healthcare system barriers.
Special Recognitions and Proclamations
- Council President Markus Winkler and the Metro Council recognized Councilman Kumar Rashad for being named Kentucky High School Teacher of the Year and thanked him for his service to the community and District 3.
Consent Calendar – all items were passed unanimously.
- R-138-23: a resolution honoring Mr. Ron King by dedicating the corner of Ellerholt Court and Virginia Avenue as “Ron King Way”.
- O-240-23: an ordinance extending Sunday retail package alcohol sales hours when Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve fall on a Sunday.
- R-136-23: a resolution encouraging Metro Government to implement reusable cutlery at all Metro Government events.
- O-230-23: an ordinance updating the Fire Prevention and Safety Standards.
Held at Council
- O-126-23: an ordinance imposing a temporary moratorium on development located within the Floyds Fork Special District
Tonight’s Council meeting and attachments may be viewed online here: https://louisvilleky.primegov.com/public/portal, and on the Louisville Metro Council Facebook Page here: https://www.facebook.com/LouisvilleMetroCouncil/.
The next regularly scheduled Council meeting is on Thursday, November 30, 2023, at 6:00 p.m.