Metro Council meeting highlights for Thursday, August 24
Louisville – The Louisville Metro Council held their regularly scheduled Council meeting tonight. Here are some of the highlights from the meeting.
- Item 33 – O-174-23: an ordinance amending the Second Round of ARP funding regarding the use of funds for the Community Care Campus and Chancery.
Consent Calendar – all items were passed unanimously.
- Item 20 – O-179-23: approving the issuance of MSD revenue bonds.
- Item 21 - R-077-23: resolution approving the noncompetitively negotiated professional service contract through Public Health and Wellness for a specialized physician for chemical dependency treatment for the Medication Orientated Recovery and Enhancement (MORE) Program.
- Item 22 - R-083-23: resolution approving the noncompetitively negotiated professional service contract through Public Health and Wellness to increase physical activity of JCPS students and staff by Playworks Education Energized
- Item 29 - R-086-23: resolution approving the budget and economic improvement plan for the Greater Louisville Lodging Management District
- Item 30 - O-191-23: an ordinance allowing an extension of the current golf course management contracts until December 2028.
- Item 32 - O-169-23: an ordinance for the reapportionment and redistricting of the Jefferson County Commissioners District Boundaries
Held at Council
- Item 43 – O-072-23: an ordinance imposing a temporary moratorium on condition use permit applications for short term rentals and new registrations for short term rentals in Louisville Metro pending a review and recommended changes by the Planning Commission.
- Item 44 – O-126-23: imposing a temporary moratorium on development located within the Floyds Fork Special District
Tonight’s Council meeting and attachments may be viewed online here: https://louisvilleky.primegov.com/public/portal, and on the Louisville Metro Council Facebook Page here: https://www.facebook.com/LouisvilleMetroCouncil/.
The next regularly scheduled Council meeting is on Thursday, September 14, 2023, at 6:00 p.m.