Metro Council meeting highlights for Thursday, August 10
Louisville (August 10, 2023) – The Louisville Metro Council held their regularly scheduled Council meeting tonight. Here are some of the highlights from the meeting.
- Item 39 – O-166-23: an ordinance approving the annexation by the City of Jeffersontown, Brookhurst Subdivision.
- Item 40 – O-165-23: an ordinance approving the annexation by the City of Graymoor-Devondale of a tract of land within the Bull Run Townhomes Development.
Consent Calendar – all items were passed.
- Item 16 – O-0164-23: appropriating $12,497.50 from District 3 NDF to Metro Parks for the purchase of Kentucky Kingdom passes for individuals in District 3 affected by the closing of the Algonquin pool during the 2023 summer season.
- Item 17 – O-167-23: an ordinance relating to the FY2023-2024 operating budget by adding new general provision language authorizing the transfer of funds previously approved to departments or offices.
- Item 19 – O-176-23: an ordinance approving the distribution of money awarded from an opioid settlement.
- Item 34 – R-078-23: approving the appropriation to fund a noncompetitively negotiated professional service contract for LMPD’s sexual assault forensic examiner program
Held at Council
- Item 45 – O-072-23: an ordinance imposing a temporary moratorium on condition use permit applications for short term rentals and new registrations for short term rentals in Louisville Metro pending a review and recommended changes by the Planning Commission.
- Item 46 – O-126-23: imposing a temporary moratorium on development located within the Floyds Fork Special District
Tonight’s Council meeting and attachments may be viewed online here: https://louisvilleky.primegov.com/public/portal, and on the Louisville Metro Council Facebook Page here: https://www.facebook.com/LouisvilleMetroCouncil/.
The next regularly scheduled Council meeting is on Thursday, August 24, 2023, at 6:00 p.m.