Low Income Heating Assistance Program Begins November 4
- A Louisville Metro Community Services’ representative will be available for media interviews on Nov. 2 at 7:00 a.m. in the front lobby of 810 Barret Ave.
- This press release is also available in Spanish and Arabic.
The program that helps low income residents of Jefferson County with their utility bills begins on November 4, 2015. The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is a federally funded program administered by Louisville Metro Department of Community Services. The LIHEAP Subsidy Component will begin on November 4, 2015, and will end on December 11, 2015, if funds are still available.
Residents wishing to apply must have an appointment. Scheduling for appointments will begin, in person only, November 2 between 7 a.m. - 4 p.m., and November 3 between 7 a.m. - 1 p.m. at the Central LIHEAP Office only located at the Urban Government Center, 810 Barret Ave., Room 127.
For the Subsidy Phase of LIHEAP, residents can apply regardless of the status of their utility bills and need to bring the following documents when scheduling an appointment:
- Most recent heating bill or verification from a landlord stating heating expenses are included in rent
Starting November 4, appointments will be issued at all three LIHEAP offices weekdays between 8 a.m. - 1 p.m., based on appointment availability. Upon registering for an appointment, residents will receive an appointment slip verifying the appointment date, time and location. LIHEAP applications will be completed at the time of the appointment and the assistance received is a one-time benefit, paid to the heating vendor. All offices will be closed November 26 and 27 for the Thanksgiving holiday and no appointments will be issued on Fridays at the East Office.
Applicants must be Louisville Metro/Jefferson County residents with a household income at or below 130% of the federal poverty guidelines and willing to provide the following documentation at the time of their appointment:
- Proof of all household income for the preceding month (food stamp award letter, Social Security award letter, pay stubs, etc.). If there is no income in the household, please complete a “Proof of No Income” form prior to applying for benefits. (Available at the LIHEAP office at 810 Barret or by clicking here.)
- Social Security card(s) or official documentation with social security numbers or Permanent Resident Card Numbers for everyone living in the household.
- Most recent heating bill or verification from landlord that heating expenses are included in the rent (i.e. lease agreements).
Individuals who are unable to apply for this program in person may send a representative on their behalf with a note including the applicant’s signature and phone number. Call 574-1157 for more details on how this process works. Residents who are homebound and who are unable to send a representative, may call 574-1274.
- Central Office -- Urban Government Center, 810 Barret Avenue, Room 127, 40204; 502-574-1157
- East Office -- Newburg Community Center, 4810 Exeter Avenue, 40218; 502-574-1270
- South Office -- Southwest Government Center, 7219 Dixie Highway, 40272; 502-574-1272
LIHEAP is made possible by the United States Department of Health and Human Services and is a pass through grant from the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services, which contracts with Community Action Agencies across the state. Louisville Metro Community Services serves as the administering agency of Louisville Metro Community Action Partnership. For more information about Community Services, visit our website: http://www.louisvilleky.gov/government/community-services or call 574-1157 (TDD available at Metro Call – 574-5000); or Community Action Kentucky at 1-800-456-3452.