Louisville Parks and Recreation Set to Open Two Additional Community Centers Next Week, Expand Services to All Ages
Online Shelter and Pavilion Rentals Also Resume
Louisville Parks and Recreation’s second phase of reopening its community centers will begin Monday, May 10. The Metro Arts Center and Wilderness Road Senior Center will be reopened during this second phase, and will join the 10 community centers that reopened to youth in late March.
Centers are open regular hours during this second phase to city residents of all ages (Reopening protocols include mandatory mask wearing, temperature taking and capacity limits for each center.
“We are excited to continue our phased reopening approach and safely welcome more participants back into our community centers,” said Ben Johnson, Assistant Director of Parks and Recreation. “I just want to remind people that we are still in a COVID environment so they will see some significant changes in how we operate and may not be able to participate in all of their favorite activities just yet.”
Due to capacity limits, it is recommended to call each center before visiting. Johnson also said Louisville Parks and Recreation is seeking full-time and seasonal employees to work in the Recreation Division. Click here for more information.
Additionally, Louisville Parks and Recreation is accepting rentals for pavilions and shelters online beginning Monday, May 10. Please visit our website (www.bestparksever.com) to learn more and to reserve your pavilion and shelter.
Centers open beginning Monday, May 10:
- Beechmont Community Center, 205 West Wellington Avenue (502/361-5484)
- Berrytown Community Center, 1300 Heafer Road (502/456-8148)
- California Community Center, 1600 West St. Catherine Street (502/574-2658)
- Cyril Allgeier Community Center, 4101 Cadillac Court (502/456-3261)
- Metro Arts Center, 8360 Dixie Highway (502/937-2055)
- Molly Leonard Portland Community Center, 640 North 27th Street (502/776-0913)
- Newburg Community Center, 4810 Exeter Avenue (502/456-8122)
- Parkhill Community Center, 1703 South 13th Street (502/637-3044)
- Shawnee Community Center, 607 S. 37th Street (502/775-5268)
- South Louisville Community Center, 2911 Taylor Boulevard (502/574-3206)
- Southwick Community Center, 3621 Southern Avenue (502/775-6598)
- Sun Valley Community Center, 6505 Bethany Lane (502/937-8802)
- Wilderness Road Senior Center, 8111 Blue Lick Road (502/964-5151)