Louisville Metro Department of Public Health and Wellness headquarters temporarily closed due to flooding
The Louisville Metro Department of Public Health and Wellness’ (LMPHW) main location at 400 E. Gray St. will be closed until further notice, due to significant flooding inside the building. People who are seeking assistance from LMPHW are asked to reach out to Metro 311 online or at 502-574-5000.
Employees were sent home early Monday morning for safety reasons, after water was found accumulating on the third, second and first floors. Those who can, will work remotely until it is deemed safe to re-enter the building.
At this time, the source of the flooding is under investigation and the extent of the damage is being assessed.
The following are temporary changes made to LMPHW services:
- The Harm Reduction Outreach Service Program that operates from Gray St. has been moved to the 1229 S. Shelby St. location. People seeking harm reduction services can also visit one of the locations listed on our outreach services webpage.
- The Tuberculosis (TB) Clinic at 400 E. Gray St. is closed at this time. LMPHW is reaching out to patients to reschedule their appointments.
- Environmental inspectors at LMPHW will be dispatched from home and will continue inspections, as well as follow up on complaints.
- Those who need to pay or renew a food, hotel/motel, pool, tattoo studio or other health permit can do so online at louisvilleky.gov “Pay Permit Here”.
- People needing to drop off plans for a septic system or building plans for a restaurant will be unable to as this time. In the meantime, they can be emailed to:
For questions related to COVID-19 visit the Louisville COVID-19 Resource Center or call the LOU Health COVID-19 Helpline at 502-912-8598.
Currently, it is unclear when LMPHW will reopen its headquarters at 400 E. Gray St. As soon as more information becomes available, it will be shared on our website, social media pages and main voicemail at 502-574-6520.
# # #
ABOUT LOUISVILLE METRO DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Louisville Metro Department of Public Health and Wellness (LMPHW) is a nationally accredited, independent, academic health department committed to achieving health equity and improving the health and well-being of all Louisville residents and visitors.