Landbank Authority approves sales of 25 vacant properties
25 vacant properties in various neighborhoods were approved for sale by the Landbank Authority at its December meeting. The proposed sales will enhance the condition of properties and lots in neighborhoods across the city.
Prior to the December meeting, 82 properties were sold in 2017 which is more than the number of Landbank Authority owned vacant properties sold from 2014-2016 combined (81).
The following structures were demolition candidates, but were approved for sale as part of the “Last Look: Save The Structure” program. Each structure has been saved from demolition, will be renovated and used for either rental property or homeownership.
- District 1—3109 Greenwood Avenue
- District 5—521 N. 19th Street, 1845 Bank Street, 3119 River Park Drive
- District 6—2326 Greenwood Avenue
The following structures were demolition candidates but were approved for sale as part of the “Last Look: Demo For Deed” program. Each structure has been purchased with the condition that the buyer will complete a demolition of the structure within 45 days from date of sale.
- District 4—621 S. 22nd Street
- District 5—102 N. 26th Street, 101 N. 34th Street, 624 Louis Coleman Jr. Drive, 2614 W. Main Street, 2745 W. Market Street, 2611 W. Muhammad Ali Boulevard
- District 6—1855 W. Ormsby Avenue
The following properties were approved to be sold as a part of a new program called “Cut It, Keep it” that allows property owners on the same block as a Landbank Authority-owned vacant lot to buy that lot and to maintain it for three years.
- District 1—2827 Greenwood Avenue, 1146 Louis Coleman Jr. Drive
- District 4—729 E. Caldwell Street
- District 5—207 Amy Avenue, 215 Amy Avenue
- District 6—1209 S. 26th Street
The following properties were sold to buyers through a Request for Proposal process. Each structure will be renovated and used as a rental property.
- District 5—3807 Bank Street, 3830 W. Muhammad Ali Boulevard, 2757 W. Market Street
The following lots were approved to be sold to next door neighbors for their use as a side yard.
- District 3—2126 Standard Avenue
- District 5—2921 Duncan Street, 215 N. 26th Street
Any parties interested in purchasing a Metro-owned vacant property or lot should call a Real Estate Coordinator with the Vacant & Public Property Administration at 574-4200. For more information on the Vacant & Public Property Administration and to find a list of properties for sale, please visit https://louisvilleky.gov/government/vacant-public-property-administration.