Fifth annual Brightside Bash presented by the Republic Bank Foundation set for September 20
Brightside, Louisville’s organization for keeping the city clean and green through beautification and education, will be holding its 5th annual Brightside Bash presented by the Republic Bank Foundation from 6-9 p.m. on September 20 at The Louisville Palace (625 S. 4th Street).
First held in 2014, the Bash serves as a fundraiser for the Brightside Foundation, which works to ensure funding to allow Brightside to continue offering its many educational programs, sustainability initiatives and beautification projects across our community.
This year’s Bash will also include the second Brightside Awards, an opportunity for Brightside to thank their dedicated volunteers and business/corporate partners. Awards and winners include:
- Fred Wiche Volunteer of the Year Award: Jeff Miller
- Brightside One Bright City Award: McFerran One Mile Walkers Club
- Brightside Green Acorn Award for Outstanding Youth Leadership: Jack Leffert
- Mayor’s Brightside Award for Outstanding Corporate Engagement: Passport Health Plan
- Brightside One Bright Future Award: Jason Wohlgemuth
- Brightside’s Golden Broom Award: Metro Council President David James
The Brightside Bash is a fun evening filled with local bands, silent auctions, raffles and food. The emcee for the event will be WHAS11’s Kaitlynn Fish.
Tickets for the Brightside Bash are $53 (includes tax).
Brightside has been a donor-funded, volunteer-fueled organization since 1986. As both a 501(c)3 and a government agency, it functions as a public/private partnership. The city covers a portion of its administrative expenses, but all programs are run entirely on privately donated dollars.
To purchase tickets and view descriptions of the Brightside Awards, please visit www.brightsideinc.org or call Brightside at 574-2613.