City Website Ranked Among Best in the Nation
Mayor Greg Fischer announced today that the Center for Digital Government has again named Louisvilleky.gov, the official city website for Louisville Metro Government, as one of the top city websites in America.
The Best of the Web Awards recognize cities that constantly innovate, focus on services and work to improve the user experience. This is the eighth year the site has placed in the top 5 nationally.
“A city that values innovation and continuous improvement should have a dynamic website to serve its citizens,” Mayor Greg Fischer said. “Louisville Metro’s technology team is constantly looking for new ways to improve how citizens access information and do business online, and this recognition shows the results of their hard work and our city’s commitment.”
The mission behind Louisvilleky.gov is to make information easily available to citizens, and to offer citizens tools and services online, including the MyLouisville tool on the city’s homepage, where you can find city services by address.
The site also features a “toolbox” for services with user-friendly labels for information. The city has a new data portal (https://data.louisvilleky.gov) with more than 170 data sets available, which improves transparency and makes it easier for anyone to download and use the data or build an application.
Other useful site tools include:
- Junk & Street Sweeping Notifications: https://louisvilleky.gov/city-services/mylouisville
- City Services: https://louisvilleky.gov/city-services/services
- City Forms: https://louisvilleky.gov/city-services/forms
- City Events Calendar: https://louisvilleky.gov/events
- City News: https://louisvilleky.gov/news
- Online Maps: https://louisvilleky.gov/city-services/maps
- Report an issue: https://louisvilleky.gov/city-services/report
- Map Crime: https://louisvilleky.gov/government/police/services/crime-maps
- Customer Service Search Portal: http://portal.louisvilleky.gov/codesandregs/mainsearch
- Get a Permit: https://louisvilleky.gov/government/get-permit
- Get a License: https://louisvilleky.gov/government/get-license
Other top cities in this year’s list include San Diego, Denver, Hayward, Calif. and Tampa, Fla..
About the Center for Digital Government
The Center for Digital Government (www.centerdigitalgov.com) is a national research and advisory institute on information technology policies and best practices in state and local government. The Center is a division of e.Republic, the nation’s only media and research company focused exclusively on state and local government and education. www.erepublic.com