City announces opportunity to apply for the External Agency Fund Competitive Grants
Grants available to social services and arts and creative industry organizations
Louisville Metro Government (LMG) will begin accepting External Agency Fund applications on January 13, 2022 for Fiscal Year 2023 (July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023). These grants, funded through the city’s General Fund, are awarded to non-governmental or "external” agencies that contribute to the city's cultural, social and economic vitality.
External Agency Fund (EAF) grants are awarded annually to nonprofit organizations offering programs or services in Jefferson County that align with the Mayor's strategic goals. The competitive grants are available for Social Services programs, administered by the Office of Resilience and Community Services, and for Arts and Creative Industries programs, administered by Louisville Forward.
For the Social Services funding program, qualified nonprofits committed to providing services that achieve meaningful outcomes for Louisville residents in the following key areas are encouraged to apply:
- Decreasing homelessness;
- Increasing household financial stability;
- Increasing youth, teen, and/or young adult engagement in quality programming; and/or
- Increasing access to services and resources for a targeted population.
For the Arts and Creative Industries funding program, qualified nonprofits committed to providing programs that achieve meaningful outcomes for Louisville residents in the following focus areas are encouraged to apply:
- Arts experiences for everyone;
- Creative workforce; and/or
- Creative community spaces and neighborhoods.
- Starting Monday, January 10, 2022 by 5 p.m., Applications Guidelines may be viewed for reference at http://louisvilleky.gov/government/external-agency-fund.
- The application window will open on Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 5 p.m. To access the community service and youth EAF link, click here. To access the arts EAF link, click here.
- All agencies wishing to apply should have at least one representative attend the virtual application orientation on Tuesday, January 11, 2022 via WebEx from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. The orientation will provide information about deadlines, how to access the application and other general information.
- Following the orientation, the city will begin accepting applications on Thurs., Jan. 13 at 5 p.m. The deadline to apply is Thursday, February 3, 2022 by 5 p.m.
Join the virtual orientation on Tues., Jan. 11, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. from the meeting link
Join by meeting number
Meeting number (access code): 2302 397 3286
Meeting password: pKK8Wntgu99
Tap to join from a mobile device (attendees only)
+1-415-655-0001,,23023973286## US Toll
Applications will be reviewed by separate External Agency Fund panels, which include Metro Council members and community representatives. Funding recommendations made by these panels will be included in Mayor Greg Fischer’s recommended Fiscal Year 2023 budget.
Louisville Metro Government employs a competitive granting strategy and strives to award funding to agencies that demonstrate measurable positive impact in the community and are good stewards of taxpayer dollars. Successful grantees will be required to report on how the taxpayer dollars are spent and their success in meeting stated goals and outcomes.
The deadline to apply is Thursday, February 3, by 5 p.m.
For more information about External Agency Fund grants and to access the applications and guidelines, visit https://louisvilleky.gov/government/external-agency-fund.
Please email all questions to [email protected].