City announces opportunity to apply for the External Agency Fund Competitive Grants
Grants available to social services and arts and creative industry organizations
Louisville Metro Government will begin accepting External Agency Fund applications on Jan. 15, 2021 for fiscal year 2022 (July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022). These grants, funded through the city’s General Fund, are awarded to non-governmental or "external” agencies that contribute to the city's cultural, social and economic vitality.
A summary of the application process is as follows with more details listed below:
- Starting Jan. 8, 2021, applications guidelines may be viewed for reference at http://louisvilleky.gov/government/external-agency-fund
- All agencies wishing to apply should have at least one representative attend the virtual application orientation on Thursday, Jan. 14, via WebEx from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. The orientation will provide information about deadlines, how to access the application and other general information.
- Following the orientation, the city will begin accepting applications. The deadline to apply is Thursday, Feb. 4, by 5 p.m.
Please register for the virtual orientation here: https://tinyurl.com/FY22EAForientation
The External Agency Funds (EAF) are awarded annually to nonprofit organizations offering programs or services in Louisville/Jefferson County that align with the Mayor's strategic goals. The competitive grants are available for Social Services programs, administered by the Louisville Metro Office of Resilience and Community Services, and for Arts and Creative Industries programs, administered by Louisville Forward.
For the Social Services funding program, qualified nonprofits committed to providing services that achieve meaningful outcomes for Louisville citizens in the following key areas are encouraged to apply:
- Decreasing homelessness;
- Increasing household financial stability;
- Increasing youth, teen, and/or young adult engagement in quality programming; and/or
- Increasing access to services and resources for a targeted population.
For the Arts and Creative Industries funding program, qualified nonprofits committed to providing programs that achieve meaningful outcomes for Louisville citizens in the following focus areas are encouraged to apply:
- Arts experiences for everyone;
- Creative workforce; and/or
- Creative community spaces and neighborhoods.
Applications will be reviewed by separate External Agency Fund panels, which include Metro Council members and community members, and those recommendations will be included in Mayor Greg Fischer’s recommended fiscal year 2022 budget.
Louisville Metro Government employs a competitive granting strategy and strives to award funding to agencies that demonstrate measurable positive impact in the community and are good stewards of taxpayer dollars. Successful grantees will be required to report on their success in meeting goals, outcomes and how the taxpayer dollars are spent.
The deadline to apply is Thursday, Feb. 4 by 5 p.m.
For more information about EAF and to access the EAF applications and guidelines, visit https://louisvilleky.gov/government/external-agency-fund.
Please email all questions to [email protected].