All Louisville Parks and Recreation golf courses open beginning Sunday, March 1
All 10 Louisville metro-owned golf courses will be open for play beginning this Sunday, March 1.
“We’re ready and thrilled that all 10 courses will be open for the season,” said Dana Kasler, Director of Louisville Parks and Recreation. “Our team and the PGA pros have been working hard to get the courses in shape over the winter, and it’s going to be a great spring for golfers in Louisville.”
Shawnee, Crescent Hill and Bobby Nichols golf courses had been closed for the winter but will re-open Sunday. Charlie Vettiner, Cherokee, Iroquois, Long Run, Seneca, Sun Valley and Quail Chase golf courses have remained open during the winter with limited hours during inclement weather.
After months of review and discussion with Metro Council designed to maintain municipal golf without negatively impacting the city budget, eight of the city’s 10 courses now have agreements in place for the next four years with a one-year renewal.
Louisville Parks and Recreation is still seeking independent oversight for Cherokee and Bobby Nichols golf courses. In the meantime, Louisville Parks and Recreation staff will operate those courses. Louisville Parks and Recreation are looking for new golf team members. If interested in operations or clubhouse employment opportunities, please visit bestparksever.com.
Those interested in making a tee time can call the course of their choice, visit the Parks website or download the Louisville Parks and Recreation app.
Yearly passes are also available by visiting the golf desk at the Joe Creason Park administration building, located in Joe Creason Park across from the Louisville Zoo.
ABOUT LOUISVILLE PARKS AND RECREATION GOLF:
Louisville's 10 public golf courses offer a quality golfing experience, with several consistently ranking among Kentucky's best and most challenging courses. The courses meet the needs of everyone from beginners to scratch golfers. For more information, visit bestparksever.com.
- Bobby Nichols Golf Course, 4301 E. Pages Lane, 502/937-9051 (9 holes) Manager: Louisville Parks and Recreation
- Charlie Vettiner Golf Course, 10207 Mary Dell Lane, 502/267-9958 (18 holes) Pro: Patrick Vadden
- Cherokee Golf Course, 2501 Alexander Road, 502/458-9450 (9 holes) Manager: Louisville Parks and Recreation
- Crescent Hill Golf Course, 3110 Brownsboro Road, 502/896-9193 (9 holes) Pro: George “Moe” Demling
- Iroquois Golf Course, 1501 Rundill Road, 502/363-9520 (18 holes) Pro: Greg Basham
- Long Run Golf Course, 1605 Flat Rock Road, 502/245-9015 (18 holes) Pro: Tommy Betz
- Quail Chase Golf Course, 7000 Cooper Chapel Lane, 502/239-2110 (27 holes) Pro: Craig Heibert
- Seneca Golf Course, 2300 Pee Wee Reese Blvd, 502/458-9298 (18 holes) Pro: Kevin Greenwell
- Shawnee Golf Course, 460 Northwestern Parkway, 502/776-9389 (18 holes) Pro: First Tee of Louisville
- Sun Valley Golf Course, 6505 Bethany Lane, 502/937-9228 (18 holes) Pro: Grant Hummel