Call the LOU HEALTH helpline 502-912-8598.
Air Pollution Control District Proposed Permit
Notice of Action on a Title V Construction Permit
The Louisville Metro Air Pollution Control District (District) proposes to issue a construction permit for GE Appliances, A Haier Company- Appliance Park (home appliance manufacturer), 4000 Buechel Bank Road, Louisville, 40031, in accordance with Regulation 2.03. The 30-day public comment period starts December 18, 2021, and ends on January 18, 2022. A public hearing may be scheduled if the District determines that there are germane, unresolved issues or substantial public interest, in accordance with Regulation 2.07.
Drafts of the permit and summary are available at the District office, 701 West Ormsby Avenue, Suite 303, Louisville, KY 40203, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, by calling Matt King at (502) 574-6000, emailing our permitting department, or on the APCD website. Copies of the application are available upon request. Written comments will be accepted through our online comment form until midnight or at the District office until 5:00 p.m. on January 18, 2022.
- What is the purpose of this permit? This construction project is to install one new additional co-extrusion system to support operation expansion.
- Will this permit increase pollution? Construction Permit C-0870-21-0040-V may increase pollution as new equipment is being added. There will be a potential increase in Particulate Matter less than 10 microns (PM10) of 3.57 tons per year, Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) of 4.36 tons per year, total Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAP) of 3.53 tons per year, and single HAP (styrene) of 2.94 tons per year.
- Does this facility have a history of non-compliance? There are no records of any violations of the terms of the present or prior construction or operating permits.
- Where can I find out more? Additional information, including equipment descriptions, potential emissions, and applicable rules, are summarized in the Statement of Basis. The Draft Permit details the application of these rules to the equipment and includes the monitoring, recordkeeping, and reporting that the District believes is necessary to demonstrate compliance.
Enter your address and MyLouisville will find nearby city services in the following categories:
- Solid Waste Services
- Emergency Services
- Political Info
- General Location Info
Find your garbage, recycling, yard waste and large-item set-out dates. Sign up for large-item set out and street sweeping reminders by email and text!
- Residential Services & Locations
- LOJIC Mapping Hub
- Snow Routes Map
- Voting Locations
- Short Term Rental Host Eligibility Map
- Waze Traffic Updates & Road Closures Map
- Neighborhoods, Municipalities, and Districts
- Current Air Quality
- Metro Council Maps
- Interesting Story Maps
- Redlining Louisville Map
- One Bright City Initiative
Covid-19 Testing Information Inmate Search Covid Assistance Programs Adopt a pet 2021 Delinquent Child Support List Find a Neighborhood Place Near You Junk and Bulk Trash Disposal Animal Services Sign up for Junk, Garbage and Recycling Notifications Low Income Energy Assistance Program Revenue Commission / Forms & Publications Search our website by keyword Download the 311 mobile app Report an issue Report or search lost and found animals
Download the 311 mobile app and report something to us Order garbage & recycling carts/bins Get an accident report Report a property maintenance issue Get a permit, license or application Pay a parking ticket online City planning and zoning Pay your water/sewer bill Pay your electric/gas bill Bid on surplus items Get a special events permit Pay occupational taxes Pay monthly parking