Waterfront 4th of July Celebration
Celebrate the Fourth with music, fireworks and family fun!
FREE concerts with performances:
- Dr. Dundiff
- Otis Jr.
- Jenna Dean
- The Afrophycisists
- and DJ Kaos.
The Catfish Louie Kids’ Area (5-7pm) will feature pony rides; a petting farm; putt putt sponsored by the Louisville Downtown Partnership; and science, music, art, and other activities by:
- Friends of the Waterfront
- Kentucky Science Center – Do Science!
- Jug Band Jubilee, Louisville Folk School, and WUOL’s Summer Listening Program – make your own instruments and conduct a band!
- DrumSmart LLC – Discover the Drummer in You! DrumSmart LLC will engage community members of all ages and abilities in a drum circle that will make you feel refreshed, creative, and full of energy. Let your inner drummer out and learn more about the positive benefits of drumming.
- Louisville Visual Art
- Waterfront Botanical Garden
- Louisville Metro Police Department and Louisville Fire Department – helicopter and safety equipment display, child ID station
- Waterfront Park playground
Fireworks by Zambelli! (10pm)
Upscale festival cuisine, Coors Light Beer Garden, Old Forester Bourbon Bar.
Flags4Vets patriotic installation on the Great Lawn:
Beginning at noon on Tuesday, July 4, the public is invited to help place 15,000 U.S. flags in honor of those who have served in the United States Armed Forces and other first responders.