Metro Integrated Tax System (eMINTS) is a secure online system that gives customers (taxpayers), or their designated representatives, online access to their accounts and related information.
In eMINTS you can:
- View balances on your accounts
- View, file, and amend returns
- Request an extension or an exemption
- View certain correspondence sent by the Revenue Commission
- Elect to go paperless
- Request changes to names and addresses
- Close your account
- Request access to another customer’s account and grant access to your own
- Request a payment plan
- Request an employee refund
- Key/Bulk file W-2s, 1099s, and W-1s
- Submit required documentation
- Make a payment
- Retrieve a draft submission
- Request Direct Deposit for Refund
- Add a New Account
- Close an Account
- Send a Message
- Manage Logons
No, you are not required to use eMINTS.
Note: Using eMINTS allows you access to your account at any time.
While you should be able to access eMINTS through any modern web browser, it is recommended that you use Google Chrome.
Web browsers may be the source of some performance issues in eMINTS. Here are a few tips to ensure you get the best experience using eMINTS?
- Make sure you are using the most current version of your web browser
- Check your browser’s pop-up blockers. They should be turned off prior to accessing eMINTS
- The eMINTS URL should be added to your pop-up blocker exception list
A Notice ID is a unique code printed on all correspondence. The code is the letter ‘L’ followed by a 10 digit number and is usually located in the upper right-hand corner of the correspondence above the Notice Date. If you contact the Revenue Commission about a letter you received, provide the Notice ID to the customer service representative. It will allow them to retrieve an exact copy of the letter and address your issue more quickly.
If you have started on a non-logged in function and are not able to complete it, you can save a draft of your incomplete submission and a confirmation code will be emailed to you. The next time you open eMINTS click "Retrieve a Draft Submission under the I Want To section". Enter your email address and the confirmation code to retrieve the draft of the submission you started.
Note: This is not an available option for a registration case.
A Support ID is a unique identifier assigned to your eMINTS username and current logged on session. If you contact the Revenue Commission to request assistance with eMINTS, a representative will ask for your Support ID. A Revenue Commission representative can use the Support ID to search for and view your current session in real time and provide assistance to you. Although the Revenue Commission representative can view your session, they cannot change any of your account information or take actions on your behalf.
To request a Support ID on eMINTS:
- Click the Menu Icon
- Select View Support ID
- Click Yes to confirm your request
- Your six digit code is displayed