The Office for Aging & Disabled Citizens provides leadership to and participates in community activities, advocating for rights, policies and funding that can enhance the lives and independence of seniors and disabled individuals.
What we do:
- The office works to ensure efficient and timely access to information and resources by and for aging and disabled citizens. We do this by providing information on community resources to the community at large.
- We educate the community on the needs of aging and disabled citizens; serve as a resource for giving information and referrals to individual citizens and provide consultation to community groups on aging and disability issues.
- We participate in community initiatives to sustain and improve services and funding to aging and disabled citizens.
The mission of Age-Friendly Louisville is to create an environment whose structures and services are accessible to and inclusive of all persons with varying needs and capacities.
Age-Friendly Louisville is lead in partnership by Louisville Metro Government, AARP Kentucky, KIPDA, and the UofL Institute for Sustainable Health and Optimal Aging.
The AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities is affiliated with the World Health Organization’s Age-Friendly Cities and Communities Program.
Fan Fair Receives 2nd place in National 2019 n4a Aging Innovations and Achievement Awards. This award recognizes aging programs that have implemented successful initiatives to support older adults, people with disabilities and caregivers. Descriptions of all award-winning programs can be found in n4a’s awards book.
Online Services & Resources:
- CHOICES: Senior Housing Alternatives (PDF)
- Today's Transitions: A source for later living and caregiving in Louisville & Kentuckiana
- Established Government Resources & Links
- OADC Monthly Newsletter (09/02/2019)
- OADC Monthly Newsletter (08/02/2019)
- OADC Monthly Newsletter (07/01/2019)
- OADC Monthly Newsletter (06/03/2019)
OADC Monthly Newsletter (05/01/2019)
Louisville Metro Resilience and Community Services Links for Seniors:
- Senior Nutrition: Congregate Meals & Home Delivered Meals
- Neighborhood Place
- Senior Medicare Patrol
- Louisville Metro Police Crimes Against Seniors
- Disability-Accessibility Complaint Portal
Other Community Resources
- KIPDA Social Services
- Center for Accessible Living
- Metro United Way
- KentuckianaWorks’ Services for Individuals with Disabilities
ADA Anniversary Tool-Kit
For more information on TRIAD or any of these services:
Please call Sarah Teeters at 502.574.5092 or click here to send me an email.