Louisville and 100 Resilient Cities - pioneered by The Rockefeller Foundation (100 RC) introduced Resilient Louisville as a new approach to address our city’s most pressing and interconnected challenges. Funded by a grant from 100 Resilient Cities (100RC), the Louisville Resilience Strategy is the product of a two+ year process during which our city developed a better understanding of the challenges it faces; reviewed its ability to address those challenges; and united people, projects, and priorities so that we can collectively act on our resilience challenges.
1. LEARN- Embrace Lifelong Learning
2. LIVE- Ensure a Safe + Healthy City
3. ENGAGE- Build a Vibrant Economy + Place
4. THRIVE- Maximize Innovation + Civic Engagement
Resilient Louisville is organized around four visions, 10 goals and 46 action steps.
A Call to Action
1. WORKING GROUP AND STEERING COMMITTEE ACTIONS
- Ensure community’s participation
2. ONGOING EFFORTS
- Build upon existing efforts, ensure alignment and identification of gaps
3. MAYOR’S STRATEGIC PLAN
- Alignment with overarching goals and targets
4. UNITED NATIONS SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT SOLUTIONS NETWORK
- Links each vision to the global sustainability community
Strategy Development Process
The Louisville Resilience Strategy was developed through the Louisville Metro’s Mayor’s Office with the collaboration, financial, and technical support of 100 Resilient Cities (100RC), as well as a diverse group of community and expert input.
The Resilience Equation
Every vision, goal and action reflect Louisville’s Resilience equation: Resilience equals Equity plus Compassion plus Trust.
1. The Strategy serves as a tactical roadmap for short-, medium-, and long-term implementation.
2. Action steps are both government and community-led.
3. Continued convening of work groups and continued reporting-out of action steps owners.
See Full Plan
See full plan here (full spread format)
Also see full plan here (individual pages layout.