HOPWA, ESG and CDBG Information
On January 18, 2023, Louisville Metro Government (LMG) will begin accepting applications from local non-profit organizations for programs or activities seeking funding as sub-recipients to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development grants listed below for LMG fiscal year 2024 (July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024).
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG),
- Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG), and
- Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA).
These grants are administered locally by the Louisville Metro Office of Resilience and Community Services (RCS). Grant activities are guided by a 5-year Consolidated Plan as well as an annual Action Plan, both of which are available online at https://louisvilleky.gov/government/housing/public-notices-federal-plans-and-project-compliance.
As in FY23, RCS seeks to continue to improve upon implementations of recommendations from the 2019 University of Louisville Study: Solving Street Homelessness in Louisville, KY: Improving the Climate of Care for Individuals Experiencing Homelessness, and along with recommendations given by the RCS Homeless Services Division. Please see the UofL study and the most updated reports from Homeless Initiative at https://louisvilleky.gov/government/homeless-services-division/homeless-initiatives-reports
The Office of Resilience and Community Services will accept applications for FY24 below listed service categories. In FY23, RCS awarded over $3 million of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) grant funds to subrecipients, allocating $1,070,800 in Community Development Block Grant; $757,900 in Emergency Solution Grant; and $1,319,100 in Housing Opportunities for Persons with Aids (HOPWA).
FY24 Service Categories
Homeless Services & Outreach – Legal, Medical, & other
Day Shelter - All Persons, men, women
Domestic Violence Services
Homelessness Prevention - Legal or other Prevention Services
Overnight Shelter (family, men, women, youth, non-congregate shelter)
Rapid Rehousing and Relocation
**FY24 allocated amounts for services categories may change. RCS will consult with the Louisville Homelessness Continuum of Care (CoC) after HUD allocates funding.**
- The application link will be available on SurveyMonkey beginning Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 8 a.m. To access the application link, click here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FY24HUDAPP
- View the FY24 HUD Applications Guidebook for reference.
- A virtual orientation was held by Webex on January 18, 2023 for agencies wishing to apply which provided information about deadlines, how to access the application and other general information.
To review a recording of the orientation, click FY24 HUD Application Orientation.
The password to access the recorded orientation is pHRE78TSUh5
To view the PowerPoint slides that accompanied the orientation, click on FY24 HUD Application Orientation PowerPoint.
- The deadline to apply is Friday, February 3, 2023 by 5:00 p.m. No late submissions will be accepted.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the Code of Federal Regulations for the HUD grant that funds the category(ies) for which they apply. If awarded funding, applicants will be expected to meet all relevant regulations. Including, but not limited to:
2 CFR §200, which applies to CDBG, HOPWA, & ESG
24 CFR §570 for federal CDBG regulations
24 CFR §576 for federal ESG regulations
24 CFR §574 for federal HOPWA regulations
- Applications are submitted using SurveyMonkey. SurveyMonkey will NOT save partial responses. Applicants CANNOT return to incomplete applications if they exit before completing the entire application. Therefore, applicants are STRONGLY advised to draft responses in a separate program (i.e. Word) then copy/paste each answer into the SurveyMonkey application. If you exit the application before you have completed it, you will need start a new application.
- This grant funding initiative is a competitive process. Applications will initially be reviewed by an external panel. Recommendations will then be presented to the Louisville Metro Council for approval. Recommendations will be made for inclusion in the FY24 Louisville Metro budget.
Applicants requesting general non-urgent assistance or inquiries are asked to send a message to:
Grants Contract Coordinator