Homeless, Housing and Rental Assistance Programs


Rental Assistance/Eviction Prevention

As of May 9, 2022, residents of Jefferson County can apply for emergency rental assistance through the state's Healthy at Home Eviction Relief Fund. Find out more information about how to apply here:

To apply: www.stopmyeviction.org or https://teamkyhherf.ky.gov/
(Tenants or Landlords may apply online)
Or dial by phone KHC customer service at 1-833-KYRENTS (833-597-3687)  to inquire.


Homeless and Housing Services
Financial assistance/case management for households

The Financial Assistance Program generally serves households with an employment history that meet specific policy eligibility criteria. Financial assistance must be used for rent, deposits, and utility payments.

The financial assistance is distributed through the Neighborhood Place network.

Eligibility: Household must have earned income within previous 6 months, be willing to participate in case management, and meet other eligibility criteria.

Intake Procedure:  Residents should contact the Neighborhood Place closest to their home address.  Click here for an online tool that provides the Neighborhood Place site for any Louisville address, or call Metro Call at 311 (or 574-5000).  You  may also click here to visit the Neighborhood Place website.


Housing and Support Division
Rental assistance/case management for formerly homeless individuals

Provides rental assistance, utility assistance and security deposit assistance. Also offers general case management services for program participants, which include financial literacy/budget training, mental health services, chemical dependency services, and other case management services and referrals.
Includes HOME/TBRA, ESG Rapid-rehousing, and Continuum of Care programs.

Area Served: Residents of Jefferson County, Kentucky.

Eligibility: Most of the Federal assistance program require the client to meet HUD's definition of "homeless": currently staying in an emergency shelter or transitional shelter for the homeless, or are living on the streets or in a car.

     a.) People who are living in a place not meant for human habituation, in emergency shelter, in transitional housing, or are exiting an institution where they temporarily resided for up to 90 days, and were in shelter or a place not meant for habituation immediately prior to entering that institution.

     b.) People who are fleeing or attempting to flee domestic violence, have no other residence, and lack the resources or support networks to obtain other permanent housing.

Intake Procedure: Clients are referred through the Continuum of Care Common Assessment Team. If you are homeless, call the Coalition for the Homeless Single Point of Entry line at (502) 637-2337 to get shelter.

Fees: Several Federal programs require program participants to pay a portion of their rent as part of the Federal housing assistance. Typically, 30% of the program participants gross monthly income will be paid for housing, the remaining 70% of the rent is paid through the Federal housing program. No additional fees are applied for the applicable programs.

Documentation Required: For all Federal grant programs income requirements have to be met. All program participants have to be at or below 80% of the Area Median Income limits. In addition, proof of disability must be met for some programs, as well as proof of housing status and/or homelessness status. Other documentation is required for new program participants.

Languages: English; translation services (LEP) can be provided upon request.

Referral Procedure: Clients are referred through the Continuum of Care Common Assessment Team.

Method of home delivery: Case management services can be provided at the home, if needed.


Enter your address and MyLouisville will find nearby city services in the following categories:

  • Garbage Icon Solid Waste Services
  • Police Badge Icon Emergency Services
  • Political Info Icon Political Info
  • House Icon General Location Info

Find your garbage, recycling, yard waste and large-item set-out dates. Sign up for large-item set out and street sweeping reminders by email and text!

The new Metro311 Reporting System and our new 311 mobile app is live!

Report Something to Us!

Call MetroCall at 311 or (502) 574-5000

No service has been selected.

No form has been selected.