Residents who normally receive city yard waste collection on Thursdays or Fridays will temporarily receive collection on Saturdays until January 16, 2021. This change is due to COVID-19 constraints on waste collection staff and operations. Garbage and recycling routes and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday yard waste routes are not affected.
Winter Yard Waste Collection BY REQUEST ONLY January 18-April 2.
How to make a request:
- Call 311 or 574-5000 or email [email protected]
- Be prepared with the following information or include in your email: First and last name, address, phone number, set out location (front, rear, side, alley, etc.), and approximate number of containers, bags, or bundles.
- Your appointment will be scheduled on your regular collection day THE FOLLOWING WEEK. (Example: If your regular yard waste collection day is Thursday, and your request is made on Monday, February 8, your yard waste will not be collected until Thursday, February 18.)
- Set out yard waste no earlier than 4 p.m. the day before your appointment and no later than 6 a.m. the day of your appointment.
- Only set out accepted material and follow the guidelines. Yard waste may NOT be in plastic bags.
Leave grass clippings and leaf mulch on your lawn!
Learn more about the Love 'em and leave 'em program. Love the beauty of leaves and grass, then leave the clippings where they fall. And consider a home composting system. Composted yard waste and food scraps can be added to your flower beds, potted plants, and gardens!
Do not blow leaves into the street!
Use the Recycle Coach app to stay informed! Sign up for alerts and reminders, view collection and drop-off guidelines, use the What Goes Where search tool, and more! Download from the App Store or Google Play or use our web app from your desktop.
Where does Yard Waste go?
PLEASE NOTE: Paper yard waste bags are no longer available at the Solid Waste office.
YARD WASTE stickers for labeling your reusable yard waste containers can be picked up at 600 Meriwether Avenue, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Waste collection does not occur in the Urban Services District on Metro Government Holidays. All holidays incur a one day delay and all collections for the remainder of the week are also delayed one day.
Metro Government Holidays
New Year's Day
Martin Luther King Jr. Day