Waste Reduction Center
Up to three household bulky items per day may be dropped off at no charge. Bulky loads or drop-offs exceeding three items will be charged according to the fee schedule - CASH ONLY.
Examples of single items
- Up to 4 passenger tires*
- One appliance
- One large household item such as mattress/box spring, sofa or chair
*No more than 4 tires will be accepted for free drop-off at one time regardless of the number of other items
Hours of Operation
Tuesday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Closed Thursday, November 25 and Friday, November 26 for Thanksgiving.
- Closed at 1 p.m. on Christmas Eve
- Closed Christmas Day
- Closed at 1 p.m. on New Year's Eve
- Closed New Year's Day
- Closed Saturday, January 15 in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
From March thru September, Metro Solid Waste, in partnership with the Metro Air Pollution Control District, accepts gasoline, electric and human-powered lawn maintenance equipment and replacement batteries. Rebate vouchers are issued as proof of recycling so participants can receive the larger bonus rebate instead of the standard rebate when the vouchers are used for electric or human powered. Learn more.