Traffic Engineering & Operations
Notice a Traffic Signal that is not working properly? A school zone speed limit sign not flashing in your neighborhood? A community alert siren that is not sounding?
We can handle that call!
The Traffic Engineering & Operations Division works around-the-clock to operate and maintain electrical traffic control devices across Jefferson County. In addition to these devices, the Electrical Maintenance Branch installs and maintains a wide range of other devices including:
- 1,005 Traffic Signals (305 local intersections, 700 KYTC intersections)
- 260 School Zone Speed Limit Flashing Beacon assemblies
- 192 Community Alert Sirens (tested on the second Tuesday of every month at 12:00 noon)
- 50 Viaduct Locations
- Various Fire Department Signals
- Overhead Signs installed at Signalized Intersections
Electric Maintenance also provides electrical services for various community Special Events including:
- Thunder Over Louisville
- Kentucky Derby Festival
- Greek Fest
- Light Up Louisville