To subscribe to street sweeping alerts, go to this link and click Services Near Me
Street Cleaning within The Urban Services District
Street cleaning is scheduled from March through November. During this period curbed neighborhood streets are generally cleaned three times. From December through February, street cleaning is determined by weather conditions.
- Street cleaning signs are posted prior to 5 p.m. on the business day before sweeping occurs. They alert residents that there is No Parking between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. on sweeping day.
- Sweeping is conducted each day on east/west streets only or north/south streets only to allow residents to find alternate parking.
- Vehicles parked in No Parking areas are subject to citation and/or towing.
- Residents should not park in affected areas until after 5 p.m. even if it appears an area has been swept, as sweepers may return before that time.
- The No Parking zone covers both sides of the street, though signs may only be posted on one side.
Street Cleaning Services within the Suburban Areas
Street cleaning in the Suburban areas is scheduled from March through November. During this period, major suburban transportation routes (Dixie and Preston highways and Shelbyville, Bardstown and Taylorsville roads) are generally cleaned three times. A total of 1,100 miles of roads are cleaned. Street sweeping is conducted Monday through Friday, from 8:30 Am to 3:30 PM. Signs will be posted on the roads that are being swept.