We know recycling guidelines can be confusing! The Recycle Coach app will help -- download it now for information and alerts!
Here are some tips to help you get started being the best recycler you can be:
- Reuse, or even refuse, items whenever possible!
- Recyclables should be empty, but they don't have to be washed.
- Do not use plastic bags - leave recyclables loose in your bin or cart.
- Keep plastic lids attached to plastic containers.
- Remove metal lids from glass jars and recycle both.
- Flatten boxes to save space in your bin or cart or drop-off location dumpsters.
- NO Styrofoam in curbside or drop-off locations. Foam Fabricators accepts non-food contaminated Styrofoam for recycling. MUST be clean; free of tape, stickers, or labels; may NOT have been used for food.
- NO plastic grocery bags. Plastic grocery bags can be recycled at participating stores.
- Check out our Special Recycling Programs page for information on recycling used cooking oil, latex paint, and more!
Request a presentation or booth at your event using the Outreach Request Form.
Still have questions? Contact Karen Maynard or call (502) 574-4620.