Pop-Up Drop-Off Waste Disposal Events
Pop-Up Drop-Offs are free recycling and large item disposal events for residents of Jefferson County.
2022 Pop-Up Drop-Off Schedule
All events 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. on a Saturday
Fern Creek Park/Elementary, 8703/8815 Ferndale Rd
Shredding will be at the Elementary school parking lot, all other categories will be at the park. DO NOT ARRIVE EARLY! THIS CAUSES TRAFFIC BACKUPS!
- Up to 3 electronic items (recycled)
- Metal & appliances, no refrigerators or any items containing coolant (recycled)
- Up to 4 passenger tires (recycled)
- Household recyclables, follow curbside rules (recycled)
- Yard waste, follow curbside rules, wooden pallets (composted)
- Large household items (landfilled)
- Documents for shredding (recycled)
- Prescription medication (disposed properly)
Items must already be separated into categories for easy off-loading so as much can be recycled as possible.
- Garbage, loose debris (use curbside garbage collection or take to landfill)
- Concrete, bricks, rocks
- Construction materials (take to Waste Reduction Center, fees apply)
- Refrigerators or items containing coolant (take to Waste Reduction Center, or metal recycling facility)
- Latex paint (disposal information)
- Batteries, light bulbs, oil-based paint, varnishes, stains, and other household hazardous waste (take to Haz Bin)
- Tree trunks
- Boats, hot tubs
- Items from businesses
- Trailers greater than 10 feet in length (larger loads can be taken to the Waste Reduction Center)
Detailed list of acceptable items in each category (Every possible item is not listed, so use this list as a guide.)
These events are sponsored by:
Department of Public Works and Assets (Louisville/Jefferson County Waste Management District in partnership with Solid Waste Management Services Division) and Metro Council.