Pop-Up Drop-Off Waste Disposal Events
Pop-Up Drop-Offs are free recycling and large item disposal events for residents of Jefferson County.
Saturday, April 24, 2021
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Metro Fleet Services, 3515 Newburg Road
- Up to 3 electronic items (recycled)
- Metal & appliances, no refrigerators or any items containing coolant (recycled)
- Up to 4 passenger tires (recycled)
- Household recyclables, follow curbside rules (recycled)
- Yard waste, follow curbside rules, wooden pallets (composted)
- Large household items (landfilled)
- Documents for shredding (recycled)
- Prescription medication (disposed properly)
Items must already be separated into categories for easy off-loading so as much can be recycled as possible.
- Garbage, loose debris (use curbside garbage collection or take to landfill)
- Concrete, bricks, rocks
- Construction materials (take to Waste Reduction Center, fees apply)
- Refrigerators or items containing coolant (take to Waste Reduction Center, or metal recycling facility)
- Latex paint (disposal information)
- Batteries, light bulbs, oil-based paint, varnishes, stains, and other household hazardous waste (take to Haz Bin)
- Tree trunks
- Boats, hot tubs
- Items from businesses
- Trailers greater than 10 feet in length (larger loads can be taken to the Waste Reduction Center)
2021 Pop-Up Drop-Off Schedule (all events are 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.)
|March 27||Sun Valley Ball Field Complex, 10401 Lower River Road|
|April 24||Metro Fleet Services, 3515 Newburg Road|
|May 22||Eastern High School, 12400 Old Shelbyville Road|
|June 26||Sun Valley Ball Field Complex, 10401 Lower River Road|
|July 24||Metro Fleet Services, 3515 Newburg Road|
|August 28||Fern Creek High School, 9515 Fern Creek Road|
|September 25||Sun Valley Ball Field Complex, 10401 Lower River Road|
|October 23||Metro Fleet Services, 3515 Newburg Road|
|November 20||UofL Shelby Campus, 440 N Whittington Parkway|
Staff will wear personal protective equipment, including face coverings, and will stay at least 6 feet away from citizens.
Citizens should remain in their vehicle if possible and must wear a face covering if exiting their vehicle.
These events are sponsored by:
Department of Public Works and Assets (Louisville/Jefferson County Waste Management District in partnership with Solid Waste Management Services Division) and Metro Council.