Cleanliness plays a vital role in the quality of life in our neighborhoods. We found that raising awareness, improving the current trash collection system, and emphasizing community pride will have the biggest impact on improving neighborhood cleanliness.
Use the Pilot Project Boundary Map to find out if your property is in the pilot area.
This project raises awareness, improves current trash collection systems, and emphasizes community pride - all for improving the cleanliness of your neighborhood!
- Additional public litter baskets where needed
- More garbage carts where they consistently overflow
- Increased illegal dumping prevention strategies
- Periodic litter assessments to measure success
- New "junk" pick up system
- Director's Order that approves these changes
How can I help?
Take the pledge and be a litter champion! Residents living within the pilot area will receive a FREE yard sign!
Check out these helpful tips to reduce litter! Follow the suggestions and share ideas with your friends!
- Store Owners PLUS use the Litter Observation & Tally Sheet to figure out where the litter comes from, which will help determine ways to prevent it!
Keep America Beautiful strives to end litter, improve recycling, and beautify communities.
Litterati - Join the community identifying, mapping, and collecting the world's litter.
This service replaces the current "junk" collection system, which will reduce litter in our neighborhoods. If you live in a residential property with 8 or fewer units (including condominiums) within the pilot area, you can now get rid of up to 4 large items, once per week, by simply making an appointment! Follow these 4 easy steps:
1. Check to see whether your items are acceptable:
- Household items too large to fit inside a garbage cart (Furniture, Appliances, etc.)
- Small items (place in garbage cart or recycle if possible)
- Yard waste (set out in weekly yard waste collection, follow Yard Waste Guidelines)
- Construction & demolition materials (drop off at Waste Reduction Center, fees apply)
- Hazardous waste (take to HazBin)
- Automotive parts
2. Click or Call to schedule a pick up:
Schedule your pick up online or call 574-2843 to use the voicemail system.
Items are picked up on Tuesdays only. Requests made after 1:00 p.m. on Mondays will be picked up the following week.
3. Set out your items:
- Set out items the day before your scheduled appointment.
- Items should be placed in the same location as garbage collection.
- Keep items clear of other objects and do not block sidewalks or streets.
- Only the items listed on the request will be picked up.
4. Repeat as needed, up to once a week