The Transportation Planning team of PDS is responsible for the review of preliminary development plans and site construction plans for impacts made to public rights-of-way in order to maintain and to improve the safe and efficient circulation of all modes of travel throughout Louisville Metro.
Applications for Construction Plan Review should be submitted to PDS on the 3rd floor of the Metro Development Center, 444 South 5th Street, Louisville, KY 40202.
Transportation Planning staff can be reached at (502) 574-2778.
What Does the Transportation Planning team do?
- Reviews all preliminary development plans for compliance with the transportation, circulation and rights-of-way requirements of the Land Development Code, MUTCD, AASHTO Geometrics Highway Design Manual and the ITE Trip Generation Handbook
- Reviews all site construction plans for work within public rights-of-way and for the safe circulation of all modes of transportation within the site
- Administers the bonding and permitting for work within the public right-of-way
- Administers the bonding and permitting for new public and private roads
- Reviews Encroachment Permit applications
- Reviews Traffic Impact Studies associated with a site or subdivision development
- Reviews and permits single family driveways
- Provides engineering support to Metro agencies
- Provides technical advice to the MPO's Transportation Policy Committee as a member of the Transportation Technical Coordinating Committee
- Public Authority for the establishment of railroad Quiet Zones
- Assists in the design and implementation of Louisville Metro's bike network
- Administers various Federal and State funded projects as the LPA