Transportation Planning is responsible for the review of preliminary development and site construction plans for impacts made to the public Rights-of-Way in order to maintain and to improve the safe and efficient circulation of all modes of travel throughout Louisville Metro.
Applications for Construction Plan Review should be submitted to Planning & Design Services on the 2nd or 3rd floor of the Metro Development Center, 444 S 5th St., Louisville, KY 40202.
Transportation Planning staff can be reached at (502) 574-2778.
What we do...
- Review all categories of preliminary development plans for compliance with the transportation, circulation and Rights-of-Way requirements of the Land Development Code, MUTCD, AASHTO Geometrics Highway Design Manual and the ITE Trip Generation Handbook
- Review all site construction plans for work within the public right-of-way and for the safe circulation of all modes of transportation within the site
- Administer the bonding and permitting for work within the public right-of-way
- Administer the bonding and permitting for new public and private roads
- Review Encroachment Permit applications
- Louisville Metro may accept dedication of a private road for public use in accordance with Chapter 97.151 of the Louisville Metro Code of Ordinances
- Review Traffic Impact Studies associated with a site or subdivision development
- Review and permit single family driveways
- Provide engineering support to multiple Metro agencies
- Provide technical advice to the MPO's Transportation Policy Committee as a member of the Transportation Technical Coordinating Committee
- Public Authority for the establishment of railroad Quiet Zones
- Assist in the design and implementation of Louisville Metro's bike network
- Administer various Federal and State funded projects as the LPA