LDC Reform: Completed Amendments
The following amendments have been made to the Louisville Metro LDC as part of the LDC Reform process:
- Application notices are now required to be mailed to residents, in addition to property owners, so tenants are better informed about potential development and its impacts.
- Zoning requirements were modified to reduce obstacles to creating market gardens, community gardens and similar uses.
- Applications for most accessory dwelling units may now be reviewed administratively by PDS staff rather than being required to go through the lengthier conditional use permit process.
- Minimum front yard setback were reduced in the Neighborhood and Traditional Neighborhood Form Districts to help increase housing options and affordability.
- Floor area ratio (FAR) requirements were removed from residential zones and the conservation subdivision provision and two family residential use is now allowed on all lots located within the multi-family residential and office/residential zoning districts