Land Development Code Interpretations
Certain LDC interpretations are issued administratively through the authority of the Planning Director where the language within the LDC is ambiguous, unclear or where a specific use or provision is absent. Interpretations may not be made that contradict specific references within the LDC.
You may access the following recent LDC interpretations at the Permit Data Portal. Once at that page, click Permit / Case / Docket Number at the lower left part of the screen and enter the associated case number (e.g. 15INTERPTN1001).
- 15INTERPTN1002 – Real Estate Signs in the Traditional Neighborhood Zoning District
- 15INTERPTN1003 – Institutional Uses in the Traditional Neighborhood Zoning District
- 15INTERPTN1004 – Alcohol with no Food Sales in the Planned Village District
- 15INTERPTN1005 – Vested Rights
- 15INTERPTN1006 – Temporary Activity Permit for Unpermitted Uses
- 15INTERPTN1007 – Density in OR-3
- 15INTERPTN1008 – String Lights
- 15INTERPTN1009 – Government Logos as Signs
- 15INTERPTN1010 – Internet Car Sales
- 16INTERPTN1000 – Residential Dwelling Units (i.e. Oxford Houses)
- 17INTERPTN1001 – TNZD density for conversion to multifamily
- 17INTERPTN1003 – Permanent Markup/Cosmetics
- 17INTERPTN1004 – Trailer Sales, Rental and Repair
- 18INTERPTN1000 – Vehicle Use Area Clarification to Interior Landscape Area Calculation
There may be additional interpretations not noted on this page. Please contact the Office of Planning at (502)574-6230 with any request for a new interpretation or question about a standing interpretation.