About Planning & Design Services
The Louisville Metro Office of Planning & Design Services (PDS), part of Louisville Forward's Department of Develop Louisville, is responsible for administering the policies, programs and regulations that guide Metro’s development. Responsibilities include development plan review, overseeing design overlays and historic preservation programs, and advising the Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Adjustment, Historic Landmarks and Preservation Districts Commission, and Design Overlay Committees on decisions affecting the built environment. PDS is also responsible for maintaining and monitoring compliance with the Land Development Code.
The Mission of PDS is to oversee land use planning and design services in directing economic growth and physical development in a manner as to ensure the prosperity, health, safety, and general welfare of the community.
- Click here to view a list of helpful links related to property and land use in Louisville Metro
- Click here to enter your email or text to subscribe to a wide range of e-news topics from Metro Government and notifications, including neighborhood meeting and development proposal notifications.
- Contact staff
- View 2021 Public Meeting Calendar
- View Case Management System for Development Review
- Looking for a zoning district? Use our online mapping tool to find the zoning classification and additional site information.
- How are we doing? Click here to take our brief customer service survey to help us improve!
- Stay up to date with the PDS/Inter-Agency Review Agenda (IARC) Weekly Activity Report.
- Click here to submit an Open Records request to PDS
PDS is located in the Metro Development Center at 444 South Fifth Street Suite 300.