Peddlers / Door to Door
PEDDLER/DOOR-TO-DOOR RULES AND REGULATIONS
The application shall be made at least five (5) business days before the license is required in order to process the application and accompanying documents.
Reasons for Denial
- Applications not complete will be returned to the applicant.
- Applications found to contain false information
- If you have been convicted, within the past 10 years, of a felony or of trespassing or any offense against the person or property of another under the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky or any other State or Federal law of the United States,
- The department will notify the applicant in writing of the decision to issue or deny the permit and, if denied, the reason for denial with process for appealing the denial.
Peddling Hours/Posted Property
- Door to Door peddling may be conducted between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to ½ hour before sundown as published in the Louisville Courier Journal newspaper daily or 8:00 p.m. which ever comes first.
- No business shall be conducted on Sunday or on any local, State or National Holiday.
- It shall be unlawful for any peddler to enter upon any private premises when the same are posted with a sign stating "No Peddlers Allowed" or "No Solicitations Allowed" or other words to such effect.
A copy of the peddler permit issued by the city must be carried by each person peddling. Each peddler must also have a name tag visible at all times which includes their name and the name of the business for which they are peddling and contact information.
Any person who violates any of the provisions of §§115.350 through 115.356 shall be fined not less than $100 nor more than $500 or imprisoned not more than 30 days, or both for each offense. Each activity in violation shall be considered a separate offense
Download Application Here>
Steps for obtaining a Peddler/Door-to-Door ID
- COMPLETED application.
- The “Intent to Hire” from the Company applicant will be employed by.
- Application fee of $25.00 per year (April 1 through March 31). Application may be made at any time during the year; however, the fee is not pro-rated.
- Register the business name with the Secretary of State and file the business name with Metro Deeds and Records. If the business is a sole proprietorship, filing of the business name is only necessary.
Office of the Secretary of State
The Capital Building
700 Capital Avenue
Frankfort, KY 40601
Metro Deeds and Records
527 West Jefferson Street
- Proof of registration with the Louisville Metro Revenue Commission, if company does not withhold taxes.
Louisville Metro Revenue Commission
617 West Jefferson Street
Louisville, KY 40202
- Applicant must provide a government issued ID that shows proof of age.
- Applicant must provide company information, including corporate name, business name and Louisville Metro Revenue Commission number issued to the company.
Download Application Here>