For information about full-time and part-time employment with Louisville Parks and Recreation or other agencies, visit Louisville Metro Human Resources.
Don't spend all your time indoors! Come work for Louisville Parks and Recreation as a Seasonal Employee. We hire throughout the year to provide quality park and recreation services to the community. The seasonal positions listed below may be available. Please be aware that not all positions are available at all times. We are accepting applications at 1297 Trevilian Way (across from the Louisville Zoo) Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Come learn about the available jobs at Louisville Parks and Recreation.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Available to work varying shifts, including possible weekends and evenings
- Able to work outside
- Provide acceptable forms of identification as required by law
*To apply for seasonal employment, please submit your Seasonal Employment Application
Louisville Parks Personnel – Seasonal Employment
P.O. Box 37280
Louisville KY 40233-7280
Louisville Parks and Recreation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Louisville Parks and Recreation Operations team is seeking seasonal day-time Park Aide. Duties include assisting staff in a variety of maintenance, grounds keeping and facility cleaning tasks. Candidates should have experience working with tools and enjoy working outdoors. Preference will be given to individuals with maintenance or cleaning experience, lawn care and a good driving record.
- Mows and trims grass, cuts weeds, trims and prunes shrubs and trees, rakes leaves and debris, collects litter from outside areas, and performs other grounds maintenance tasks.
- Performs custodial duties such as cleans and sanitizes rest rooms, commodes, sinks and mirrors, and replenishes soap and paper products.
- Operates and uses vacuum cleaners, lawn mowers, weed eaters, and cleaning chemicals and materials.
- Washes and cleans interior glass windows and doors, walls, baseboards and ceilings.
- Performs other related work.
- Hours may vary by location.
- Shifts vary and could include evenings & weekends
Rec On The Go - CDL Driver
- Ensures the proper use of sports/recreation equipment and rules.
- Able to observe participants for safety.
- Ability to react quickly and calmly in emergency situations.
- Able to exercise tact and diplomacy when interacting with the public.
- Works with citizens of various ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Must Possess and maintain Class B CDL.
- Hours may vary to include evenings & weekends.
Recreation Aides are essential to programming at our 16 community centers and outdoor pools. This seasonal position is great for educators and people who like to lead recreational activities.
- Enjoys working with children of various ages and diverse backgrounds
- Able to carry up to 25 lbs. – equipment, supplies, etc.
- Teach crafts, games or other recreational activities
- Perform cashier work at pools, concession stands, or gift shops
- Able to spend prolonged periods of time sitting or standing
- Able to learn to operate a keyboard or cash register.
- Must be able to communicate with the public
- Able to do food prep under Board of Health guidelines
Lifeguards oversee swimming pools to ensure the safety of partons and a sanitary environment. In short, save lives while staying in shape. If you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you.
- Possess and maintain lifeguard certification, CPR and First Aid
- Able to observe swimmers for safety and sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to react quickly and calmly in emergency situations
- Able to exercise tact and diplomacy when interacting with the public
- Lifeguard classes available – call 502/897-9949
- With a commitment to work for Parks and Rec; fees for lifeguarding classes/certification may be waived.
Jefferson Memorial Forest
The Forest is the perfect place to teach, learn and grow! We are the nation's largest city-owned forest, with 6,600 acres just 20 minutes from downtown Louisville, KY. With 40 miles of hiking trails, multiple outdoor recreation and educational programs, volunteer opportunities, fishing, camping, picnic shelters, a conference center and more, it's a great place to work and to visit!
Seasonal positions run up to 6 months maximum, and include weekends. Annual return is possible for the right person!
*To apply for a seasonal position, please submit a resume and coverletter with your application: Seasonal Application
Jefferson Memorial Forest – Seasonal Employment
11311 Mitchell Hill Rd.
Fairdale, KY 40118
Seasonal Envirnomental Programmer
The Natural Areas Division, based at Jefferson Memorial Forest, is seeking seasonal program staff. Duties will include assisting senior staff in a variety of environmental and adventure-based programs for the public and local schools. Seasonals lead nature hikes, give presentations using education animals, conduct canoeing programs, teach climbing skills on the Forest's 52-foot Alpine Tower, and assist with various projects.
- Experience working with youth and must enjoy working in the outdoors.
- Reliable transportation to Jefferson Memorial Forest in Fairdale.
- Preference will be given to individuals with teaching, program, and/or outdoor recreation experience or certifications.
- Internship credits may be available for students.
Seasonal Clerical, Welcome Center
Share your smile and willing-to-help attitude with our walk-in guests and callers by providing top-quality customer service in our Welcome Center and Gift Shop. Joining our Forest family allows you a hands-on atmosphere with the opportunity to enhance your customer service skills, computer program knowledge, and office administration skills.
We are looking for someone hard-working, flexible, motivated, and enthusiastic who enjoys providing top notch customer service. The Office Seasonal will have good clerical skills, exemplify a high personal and professional standard of integrity and show incredible passion for the Forest. The chosen candidate will be responsible for providing excellent customer service in person and over the phone to our guests. This includes but is not limited to:
- Booking reservations for camping, shelters and the meeting spaces;
- Assisting guests with gift shop purchases and Forest information;
- Utilizing a computerized point-of-sale and reservation system;
- Handling daily accounting and depositing information with care and precision.
Seasonal Maintenance Staff
Natural Areas Division is seeking seasonal day-time maintenance staff. Duties include assisting forest staff in a variety of maintenance, grounds maintenance and facility cleaning tasks. Candidates should have experience working with tools and enjoy working outdoors. Preference will be given to individuals with maintenance or cleaning experience, lawn care and a good driving record.
The candidate will work Sunday-Thursday 6:30am- 3:00pm, for a 6 month period. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and provide copy of driving record.
For more information contact: