Louisville Parks and Recreation is teaming up with Major League Baseball and their Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities (RBI) program to increase interest and participation in the game of baseball and softball as well as encourage academic participation and the value of teamwork. Major League Baseball's RBI program operates in 200 cities worldwide and and annually provide more than 260,000 boys and girls the opportunity to play baseball and softball in their community.
Age groups and divisions being offered are as follows:
- Tee Ball teams for ages 4 to 6 years old.
- Baseball League Divisions for ages 7 - 8, 9 - 10, 11 - 12, and 13 - 15 years old.
- Participants can sign-up online or at Cyril Allgeier, Southwick or South Louisville Community Centers.
- Registration begins January 31, 2020
- Registration ends March 12, 2020
- Tee Ball Season begins April 4, 2020
- Baseball Divisions Season begins the week of April 6, 2020
Head Coaches, Assistants and Volunteers Requirements:
• Baseball knowledgable and willingness to learn
• Positive Coaching Alliance (provided by Louisville Parks Athletics)
• Ability to efficiently coordinate practices and game play
• Handle and work with youth effectively
• Oversee team concepts, administrative responsibilities
• Punctual, energetic, enthusiastic and organized
• Available to serve approximately 10 hours per week.
• Background check required
Benefits of Volunteering:
• Joy of working with children
• Work out & give back to the community
• Inspire and teach inner city youth the game of baseball
a partner with