Become an Ambassador
What is a Volunteer Park Ambassador?
Park Ambassadors are trained volunteers who act as representatives for Louisville Parks and Recreation. Our Ambassador program provides a unique and meaningful volunteer experience, allowing residents to play a pivotal role in strengthening our city’s parks.
As an ambassador, you will:
- Expand Louisville Parks and Recreation’s capacity to participate in community events across the city
- Allow us to identify and address needs, and invest appropriate resources in the parks
- Assist Louisville Parks and Recreation in recruiting more volunteers from across Louisville
What are the Requirements?
- Must be at least 18 years old, submit an online application and complete training.
- Commit to serving one year in a park, averaging about one and a half hours of service per week.
- Attend at least one community outreach event during the year
- Organize at least one volunteer project in their park
How to Apply -
Applications for the Park Ambassador program will be accepted from February 15th through March 15th. Selected candidates will receive training in late March. Applications received after this period may be considered depending on need and training opportunities.
If you have specific questions please contact the Volunteer Office at [email protected] or call (502) 574-6403.
Where are Ambassadors Needed?
- A.B. Sawyer Park
- Charlie Vettiner Park
- Cox Park
- Fern Creek Park
- George Rogers Clark Park
- Hays Kennedy Park
- Highview Park
- Joe Creason Park
- Lannan Park
- Long Run Park
- McNeely Lake Park
- Petersburg Park
- Riverview Park
- Wyandotte Park
Questions? We can help!
If you have questions about the Park Ambassador program, please contact the Volunteer Office at [email protected] or call (502) 574-6403.